Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, dirtydave said:

Yeah it has been but my personal opinion is that it should only be on a claret and Amber shirt.  No problem with it on a white shirt with C&A trimmings but on a blue or black shirt it just looks wrong. 

I think it looks smart on away tops and much better than the one colour club badge that was on the 17-18 away top.

eaTLB69.png

That style can get in the bin imo.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Petition for a "re-imagination" of this for our next away shirt. It's time.

CxNkxE_XcAAYSkA.jpg

I've still got that top, it's mint as I bought it and realised that it was brighter than the sun - so it was worn about twice.

PS - Cracking picture of m'lord

The worst kit we’ve had was that all black away thing we wore in the John Sutton INCOMEING game. When I see highlights of that game it still annoys me we were wearing that shite on what turned out to be such a memorable day.

1 minute ago, dezz said:

The worst kit we’ve had was that all black away thing we wore in the John Sutton INCOMEING game. When I see highlights of that game it still annoys me we were wearing that shite on what turned out to be such a memorable day.

That kit looked like some shite training gear. A total stinker.

27 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

All in.

Although the GOAT is 1994's away kit. 
25E58F44-3CF7-4AC9-8B72-58138E98BF8D.thumb.jpeg.dabe3cf4ce5234acede7a8667ac8a558.jpeg

Hide contents

Did I part with a small fortune for this off eBay at the end of lockdown 1.0? 

07794CE9-0639-47A3-B668-AE3C93889B40.jpeg.a82c7c55031f2c8183ecca68b1793c5c.jpeg

Still got that one too but it is very much less than mint as I wore it in an almost celtic-supporter type of way.

This was my favourite:

FB_IMG_1564783689741.jpg

48 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

The best ever.

In my opinion, every single Motherwell Football Club away kit from now until the end of time should be a variation of this kit.

Simples

In long sleeve only, too. A thing of beauty 👌

The best ever.
In my opinion, every single Motherwell Football Club away kit from now until the end of time should be a variation of this kit.
Simples.
Which one?[emoji6]

It's pretty obvious where we got our inspiration for the fluorescent yellow one that Capt Oats posted above.

11 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

The best ever.

Simples.

Nice kit.........possibly one of the best forward lines to grace FP that afternoon 

Borussia Dortmund: Klos; Reinhardt (Tanko, 74), Schmidt, Freund, Cesar Silva, Sammer, Reuter, Zorc, Chapuisat, Moller, Riedle (Ricken, 74).

47 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Jamie Semple thoughts on him please... 

I really, really wanted him to come good but for whatever reason it never really happened. He never really settled on a position, Craigan just stuck him out wide for our 20s, he's played as a #9 for Scotland and Mo Ross wanted to turn him into an #8 but he variously had folk like Turnbull and Polworth ahead of him in that area of the park.

He seemed to have dropped down the pecking order and his pathway was limited. He was around the fringes of the first team late 18/19 and 19/20 but he picked up an injury and drifted a bit. He's at the stage of his career where he 100% needs games.

We loaned him out to Cove last season but had him training with us through the week which sort of makes sense in theory but seemed weird given Cove's location and doubly weird as there's a pandemic happening. We had him at Dalziel Park then playing with Cove at the weekend. He seemed to start OK then just tailed off, which probably isn't a surprise given the circumstances.

He was one who was "highly rated" early on, I'm pretty sure McGhee was talking about him wanting to involve him with the first team when he was 14 or some such and had hype on account of interest from Liverpool, Man City, Southampton and Spurs: https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14623203.14-year-old-motherwell-striker-lined-englands-best-clubs-heads-sunderland-trial/

He's only just turned 20 so he's got time and there's a potential pler in there IMO.

Edited by capt_oats

15 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I really, really wanted him to come good but for whatever reason it never really happened. He never really settled on a position, Craigan just stuck him out wide for our 20s, he's played as a #9 for Scotland and Mo Ross wanted to turn him into an #8 but he variously had folk like Turnbull and Polworth ahead of him in that area of the park.

He seemed to have dropped down the pecking order and his pathway was limited. He was around the fringes of the first team 18/19 and 19/20 but he picked up an injury and drifted a bit. He's at the stage of his career where he 100% needs games.

We loaned him out to Cove last season but had him training with us through the week which sort of makes sense in theory but seemed weird given Cove's location and doubly weird as there's a pandemic happening. We had him at Dalziel Park then playing with Cove at the weekend. He seemed to start OK then just tailed off, which probably isn't a surprise given the circumstances.

He was one who was "highly rated" early on, I'm pretty sure McGhee was talking about him wanting to involve him with the first team when he was 14 or some such and had hype on account of interest from Liverpool, Man City, Southampton and Spurs: https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14623203.14-year-old-motherwell-striker-lined-englands-best-clubs-heads-sunderland-trial/

He's only just turned 20 so he's got time and there's a potential pler in there IMO.

Thanks for the info, Type of player ad like to see at Queens given game time and chance to improve & prove himself the same as Obileye & Shields did last season. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

4 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Type of player ad like to see at Queens given game time and chance to improve & prove himself the same as Obileye & Shields did last season. 

Here are some Semple goals from a while back.

giphy.gif&key=eebd5ec20a1e73431c64681678

giphy.gif&key=09a61af740a0d3df6130272fbc

giphy.gif&key=7e7f567d3cb91781e4760f2ac6