Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Would take him back in a heartbeat. Cracking player in their I thought who was badly underused by Alexander. 

Aye, translating a few of their fans comments in that Tweet it looks like he's been played our of position, with his strengths poorly utilised in Turkey too. Highly doubtful he'd be interested in a return here,  but it'd very much be a yes from me too.

Some twitter account (motherwell talk or something) with a rumour that van veen could be going to Lincoln along with Kelly, not sure if that's Kelly going to Lincoln or just going. Given both have time to run on their deals I can't see Lincoln forking out enough money.

26 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Some twitter account (motherwell talk or something) with a rumour that van veen could be going to Lincoln along with Kelly, not sure if that's Kelly going to Lincoln or just going. Given both have time to run on their deals I can't see Lincoln forking out enough money.

Not aimed at you Neil86 but 

Smell Stinks GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

23 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've been to Lincoln. Nice cathedral.

Tory as f**k though. Went there and deliberately used Scottish notes and the fear in their eyes, you'd have thought I curled one out on their doorstep first.

In other news, Tony Watt celebrates 1 year into his 3.5 year deal. £400k well spent so far .......

Edited by Kapowzer

8 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

In other news, Tony Watt celebrates 1 year into his 3.5 year deal. £400k well spent so far .......

Saw a story somewhere yesterday linking Watt with a move to Salford City. A whole year seems like an awfy long time for him to spend in one place, so wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

On 03/01/2023 at 09:47, welldaft said:

How about this for a complete mindf*ck.

For such a shit defence (and I am not arguing differently) there are only 3 teams in the top flight so far this season that have conceded less goals. Obviously Celtic and Rangers and somewhat surprisingly St Mirren. But even Hearts and Aberdeen have conceded more. Not much in it granted.

I suspect what highlights our deficiencies is the fact we are only scoring 1.2 goals a game. So every awful goal we concede tends to have a negative impact of the final result. 

So is our defence as bad as everyone is making out 🤔😉

Doesn’t completely surprise me. Not once this season have we looked like a team in disarray. I honestly think we’re only a couple of decent players away from being a decent team - at least one needs to be a decent forward. 

It’s why I’m still not concerned about relegation, however that’s firmly on the assumption we’ll make a couple of smart signings in the next few weeks. 

58 minutes ago, CoF said:

Doesn’t completely surprise me. Not once this season have we looked like a team in disarray. I honestly think we’re only a couple of decent players away from being a decent team - at least one needs to be a decent forward. 

It’s why I’m still not concerned about relegation, however that’s firmly on the assumption we’ll make a couple of smart signings in the next few weeks. 

I'm concerned about relegation as we could easily end up in the bottom two slots this season - especially if we don't get things right this month with transfers - but I agree in general. Saturday was a passable away performance, just like in Perth before the break - but I get that it still feels bad in the context of being on a shite run of home form.

I think our biggest problem outside of the fact that we've allowed our squad to degrade badly is that our "game management" is to put it mildly, utter shite. We've got a relatively experienced first 11 by our standards and so there is no real excuse for what happened against Killie, Hearts away and St Johnstone at home. There have been countless other lower profile examples in games where we do stuff that well coached teams just don't do.

As well as the big stuff (like signing Woolery today please) - I think we really need to be focussing on the small details - and that maybe speaks to the idea of having a coaching upgrade to help the Manager.

Aye, the Woolery one for me is a bit of a 'if everything else doesn't work out and he's available' I'd take him back. He's not really the answer but he's a better option than we have currently.

He left because he was another player wanting away from Alexander and got this opportunity to make a bit more money in Turkey. Club handled him well and let him go essentially so there's no issue on that front coming back really.