Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I went to a Stockport game earlier in the season when I was in Manchester on a stag do. Doesn't look like this guy was in the squad so maybe he would have made a terrible game better. 

Although my main takeaways from that day:

• Danny Johnson was up front for Walsall and he's still utter garbage. 
  • The Stockport club anthem is "The Scarf my Father Wore" and that is to the tune you think it is. 

So we've signed Crankshaw (a winger), been linked with the Japanese guy (plays across the front 3) and I see we're also being linked with Dilan Markanday from Blackburn (another winger).

Without meaning to sound like one of Burrows' reply guys, who the f**k is looking at our squad and thinking these are the positions we need?

Maybe there's other things going on behind the scenes but, so far, I'm less than enthusiastic about our signings / any rumours. 

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

So we've signed Crankshaw (a winger), been linked with the Japanese guy (plays across the front 3) and I see we're also being linked with Dilan Markanday from Blackburn (another winger).

Without meaning to sound like one of Burrows' reply guys, who the f**k is looking at our squad and thinking these are the positions we need?

Maybe there's other things going on behind the scenes but, so far, I'm less than enthusiastic about our signings / any rumours. 

We 100% need forward players so these are all ok with me 

We've only got KVV, McKinstry.....and that's it. Shields isn't good enough, Efford is injured,  Morris is AWOL and Moult and Aarons are away home.

These moves essentially get us back to where we should be with Efford, Moult and Aarons not being available.

We do also need better players in defence and midfield granted 

Edited by eliphas

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

See to be fair. I generally think we do. I mean McKinstry seems fine. Other than that what we got?

However...

I understand. I'd rather a hard tackling midfielder or two. another (ready to play) Centre half and some full backs. (we won't sign a RB but I rate none of the main two)
So I get yer point, I think we're weak everywhere to be honest.

It could be that these guys reached completion/near completion/the media while other fell through.

4 minutes ago, CoF said:

Place your bets now-  

2:10pm tomorrow - Cruickshanks either in the squad (cool) or “he’s not played much football and will need a bit of time to get up to speed” (fucking booooooooo). 

He's 100% on the bench, coming on at 82 mins. (IMO obviously)

Just throw the guy in.

50 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

He's 100% on the bench, coming on at 82 mins. (IMO obviously)

Just throw the guy in.

At least for those glorious 82 minutes we’ll have the hope that something different might actually happen. 

It’s schrodingers footballer - as long as we don’t see new signings play then they’re both simultaneously the answer to all our problems and shite. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

See to be fair. I generally think we do. I mean McKinstry seems fine. Other than that what we got?

However...

I understand. I'd rather a hard tackling midfielder or two. another (ready to play) Centre half and some full backs. (we won't sign a RB but I rate none of the main two)
So I get yer point, I think we're weak everywhere to be honest.

It could be that these guys reached completion/near completion/the media while other fell through.

Basically this.

My mind is blown that anyone is looking at our squad and thinking we don't need forwards.

Like, we're so fucking reliant on KVV it's untrue.

Beyond that we've got folk losing their minds about Connor Shields/Josh Morris/Blair Spittal (despite the latter's numbers being quite good) but simultaneously giving it "wHy aRe wE sIGnInG fOrWaRDs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!".

Equally, if we're exclusively looking at forwards and the coaching staff are looking at the rest of the squad and thinking "yeah, that's fine" then aye...that's a massive problem but as I said the other day in terms of numbers the forward area is the one we need most bodies in (IMO). Especially is we've got half an eye on trying to loan someone like Morris out (as @eliphas hinted at the other day).

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I went to a Stockport game earlier in the season when I was in Manchester on a stag do. Doesn't look like this guy was in the squad so maybe he would have made a terrible game better. 

Although my main takeaways from that day:

• Danny Johnson was up front for Walsall and he's still utter garbage. 
  • The Stockport club anthem is "The Scarf my Father Wore" and that is to the tune you think it is. 

I also went to a Stockport game whilst on a stag-do in Manchester last year - against Cheshunt in the FA Trophy.

Sounds like yours was more atmospheric at least - the only singing at the game I went to was an individual guy singing "you're only here to see the county".

Turns out I saw Crankshaw for 86 minutes, before he was sacrificed after the goalie got sent off. Can't remember anything about him. The only name I knew from either team was Miles Hippolyte and he scored the only goal.

Quite happy that we're targeting attacking players, its badly needed and hopefully its players than keep the ball in the oppositions half away from our bombscare of a defence. 

I do feel many defences stroll it against us with Van Veen's knack of coming deep thus leaving no one in the box when Connor Shields'' cross goes out for a goal kick when he doesn't look up. 

I could see Crankshaw possibly starting tomorrow but likely at the expensive of Deano, with Spittal in the 10 and McKinstry on the other wing. A more 4-2-3-1 than the usual 4-3-3. 

It's weird KVV can do some amazing things, but his lack of movement and dragging opponents away just surrenders any chance of us to stretch the game, sometimes he just brings the game to a pedestrian pace where whilst he can make something out of nothing the rest of the team lack the technique to do something special and do something against a low block.

Truthfully the last week's probably the most worried I've been about Motherwell in a good while, the Flow news added to this as I do feel he's got the clubs best interests at heart, but hopefully 2 good results can kickstart the season.