Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

19 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

I genuinely think each of them have something to offer but they badly need an experienced leader along side whichever one of them is playing. The combination of the two is relegation material.

Aye we need a chaperone for one of them. But relying on the two of them is stinking.

4 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Will we ever win a home game again?

Aye, next seasons opener against Morton.

Being serious though it's hard to see when that win will come: St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hearts are our next 3 home games, I don't feel confident about any of them.

On the plus side I thought Crankshaw had a promising first game in what was , to put it mildly, sub-optimal playing conditions. Fingers crossed everyone around him works out how to play with someone with pace and attacking focus pretty quickly.  Jury still out on Mandron, spent most of his warm ups just standing watching the match then doing the odd bend. Get the impression he thinks he's a lot better than he is but can see some 'cult hero' potential . Can also see the potential to be utter gash.  

9 minutes ago, AdamMFC said:

Aye, next seasons opener against Morton.

Being serious though it's hard to see when that win will come: St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hearts are our next 3 home games, I don't feel confident about any of them.

St Johnstone apparently imploding as a club just now , 5 losses on the bounce , they're in freefall and can't buy a point.....

Spoiler

Aww f**k....

9 hours ago, dezz said:

Just watched back SH’s presser from yesterday, I’m very much reading between the lines here but I thought his comments around Penney suggested there was a chance he was sticking around…‘hopefully after the game we’ll be able to confirm that one way it another’. Maybe reading far too much into it but the inclusion of ‘hopefully’ sounds more positive..maybe? 

The truth for Penney is that he has the following options:

• Stay at Motherwell and get some more game time under his belt
  • Try his luck elsewhere on loan, and run the risk of it not resulting in the game time he would maybe want

Because he's not getting near the team if he returns to Ipswich. They have Leif Davis in that position, who's very highly rated, and also have Greg Leigh backing him up, so Penney is 3rd choice at best.

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I’ve ran out of words to describe this useless shower of spineless shitebsgs.

Someone else can take up the mantle. 

Shower of spineless shitebags absolutely nails it, tbf. No need to improve on that. 

Those two centre halves man. Sunday league level! I honestly dread to think what kind of payrise we chucked at Lamie in the summer. Bobby Donnelly level. 

The most infuriating thing about Hammell's post match comments isn't that he's saying the exact same things every week, it's the fact that defensively he's doing f**k all about it and the same players keep making the same basic errors which are costing us massively.

A change of shape or personnel at the back is a must if we're to have any hope going forward. I've actually gone beyond the point of being able to get worked up about the inevitable Sol/Lamie clusterfuck when it happens every week now, opting instead for an ironic laugh and disbelieving shake of the head. Much less toll on the blood pressure that way, and less chance of me being ejected for shouting 'encouragement' at the pair of dicks.

2 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Surely, SURELY the Arbroath game gives us a bit of a free go in trying something different? 

Hopefully we’ll have another couple of bodies in, f**k me this team needs a bit of livening up

Despite them being lower league opposition, I could just about forgive Hammell if we lost next week having tried something different. 

What will happen is we'll persist with 4-3-3, we'll persist with Lamie and Sol, we'll scrape a win by the odd goal and, ultimately, nothing will change.

f**k this team and (begrudgingly) f**k Stevie Hammell. 

Like, I get why we're still playing Sol and Lamie. It's because Bevis is injured and Blaney's just in the door. OK...fine, whatever.

However after 6 months of Hammell coming out after games saying exactly the same things about us not doing the basics defensively surely that comes back on him and Kerr and whether or not they're actually capable of coaching a team defensively.

Evidence to date suggests that they are absolutely not. I wrote about it at length last week but if they're not capable of coaching a defence (they're clearly not) then get some help from someone who can.

If our centre backs are making mistakes week in week out, the window is open. Do something about it.

If he and his staff are looking at that and thinking "Yeah, this is fine. Just needs some more tweaks on the training ground..." then it's on them as much as the players IMO.

Standing in front of the cameras every week with a script that's basically saying "Well, what can you do?" is fucking wild.

Edited by capt_oats

36 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Hopefully we’ll have another couple of bodies in, f**k me this team needs a bit of livening up

Hammell said in an interview after the game he’d have to move a body out for everyone that comes in from now on due to the financial situation.