Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Hammell said in an interview after the game he’d have to move a body out for everyone that comes in from now on due to the financial situation. 

If that's not just talk we'd better hope he's bloody confident of being able to do so otherwise his priorities are going to come under some amount of scrutiny.

8 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Hammell said in an interview after the game he’d have to move a body out for everyone that comes in from now on due to the financial situation. 

If he's needing any drivers, I only live down the road from Fir Park. I'll happily drive them to the airport/train station

We can't finish the season with this central defence - it's as bad as I've ever seen for soft goals.

Letting Ojala go and free up (presumably) a big wage was the right decision - not replacing him is looking like a season defining error.

8 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

To that point, no SOD in the squad and no Morris (again). Penney is presumably on his way back to Ipswich.

There are possibilities for some movement I'd have thought.

His line in the presser yesterday didn't suggest that there were restrictions on us bringing more in tbf.

We'd maybe have to subsidise the wage a bit but I'm sure a Championship side would take Shields like.

17 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Well there shouldn't be a shortage of names on his 'out' list, if any fucker is daft enough to take them.

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

Does bringing Dunachie back from EK imply that Blaney isn’t up to it or will they be brought in together as the new dream team for the back?

Neither. Dunachie definitely one for the future, Blaney is ready and I strongly suspect we will see him now. 

Lamie/SOD have played 3 times in a row together now post world cup (the other two it was Lamie and McGinn) so I'd suggest Hammel has given that pairing enough time to 'settle back in' . I can see why we don't want to continually chop and change the back line and maybe why he's have it a few gamea. But the time is now. 

SOD and Morris 50/50 being moved on to free up said wages. But all depends on the other clubs really 

Just having a check at our league results so far.

We've kept 5 clean sheets in 21 games but haven't kept one since October (our last win).

We've failed to score in only 4 games - United at FP, Hearts at FP, Hibs at Easter Road and the **** at Ibrox but we've conceded in 16 of our games and in our last 8 we've conceded 16 so averaging 2 GPG against over that stretch.

It's a real head scratcher where our issue is lads...

giphy.gif

1484481548_Screenshot2023-01-14at20_19_48.thumb.png.3b793cd1fcbf2b186efc29e7e9cdf9bf.png

Edited by capt_oats

On 03/01/2023 at 11:19, ropy said:

I haven’t seen a game since St Johnstone in November but sometimes I think we just need something to click.  Like it did in the second half up at Ross County.  I guess Hammell needs to provide the click.  But most of the grasping defeat from the jaws of victory have been as a result of f**k ups on the pitch, not decisions by the manager.

I have been to the past two matches.  More of a clunk than a click. More of the f**k ups.

Can deal with and understand the lack of quality we can attract, but can't deal with the spineless, clueless, shitebag stuff. If some/most of them can't even pretend to give a f**k or get stuck in and do some basics correctly, now and again. They can f**k right off.

One small positive (or could be a big one) was the way that Johnston slotted in at RB and (in)arguably had the most effective game of any of our defenders. If it means we can free up the SOD wage, it could be a very good thing bringing him back from loan.

Also thought McKinstry managed to look decent in horrendous conditions.

Lastly in the very small positive column, I was amazed at the way our pitch sooked up all that rain - the ball wasn't even holding up late in the 2nd half.

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

One small positive (or could be a big one) was the way that Johnston slotted in at RB and (in)arguably had the most effective game of any of our defenders. If it means we can free up the SOD wage, it could be a very good thing bringing him back from loan.

Also thought McKinstry managed to look decent in horrendous conditions.

Lastly in the very small positive column, I was amazed at the way our pitch sooked up all that rain - the ball wasn't even holding up late in the 2nd half.

Thought Johnston got caught a bit high up the park a few times , don't know if it was tactical or not but I noticed a few times he was positioned much further up than Penney , but by and large thought he done well. 

The guy behind me was giving McKinstry some amount of abuse every single time he touched the ball front he very start . Piped down a bit after the goal tho thought he was going to slate him for letting the keeper get a touch on his shot. Thought his head was going to explode when he was announced motm! I know they're professionals and all that but that can't have been easy to play in today.  

Worst weather since Dundee Utd last season? I was getting soaked in the cooper and noticed the rain pouring off the Hunter roof UP the way, yet the pitch looked and played great at the end , unfortunately so as could have done with some comedy ball holding up moments at County's goal! 

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Just having a check at our league results so far.

We've kept 5 clean sheets in 21 games but haven't kept one since October (our last win).

We've failed to score in only 4 games - United at FP, Hearts at FP, Hibs at Easter Road and the **** at Ibrox but we've conceded in 16 of our games and in our last 8 we've conceded 16 so averaging 2 GPG against over that stretch.

It's a real head scratcher where our issue is lads...

giphy.gif

1484481548_Screenshot2023-01-14at20_19_48.thumb.png.3b793cd1fcbf2b186efc29e7e9cdf9bf.png

We’ve not won since October? FFS. I knew it was bad but we really are in fucking trouble. 

3 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

We’ve not won since October? FFS. I knew it was bad but we really are in fucking trouble. 

Aye, 2 wins in our last 17 games. That's.....almost impressively shite.