Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

I'm now fearful this strip could be a cup winner and therefore considered a "classic".

Hahahaha 

If it comes to it, I'll get a replica tattooed on my entire torso as a giant reminder that I was wrong.

With Blaney, Crankshaw, Danzaki* and Mandron effectively replacing Ojala, Efford, Aarons and Moult, I assume we're now at the one in one out stage. We have Penney's spot to fill, then the potential of Morris, SOD, Shields and Maguire going on loan. So five more new players please 🙂

53 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Record saying Maguire could be going to Dundee on loan. 

If I remember correctly, he's not the most popular Motherwell player, which doesn't encourage me too much.

36 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not a Maguire fan but I reckon he'd provide a bit more balance to our midfield than the current 3. Hopefully we replace him with somebody similar but better.

We're really just needing general cover in midfield after some injuries and sending loan players back, so if he can provide said balance in midfield that'd be fine tbh.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We're really just needing general cover in midfield after some injuries and sending loan players back, so if he can provide said balance in midfield that'd be fine tbh.

That is broadly what he's been for us. I don't think he's necessarily an unpopular player here it's just more that he hasn't kicked on in the way his peer group did (Campbell, Turnbull, Cadden etc) and he hasn't really done enough to justify being a first pick in the starting XI.

Robinson pretty much gave up on him as a CB after St Johnstone scudded us 5-1 at FP and he hasn't really ever looked like cementing himself in the team as a midfielder.

He's really only been a sub under Hammell so in a way this isn't the most surprising news.

1425582960_Screenshot2023-01-24at18_50_05.thumb.png.6d4ac834b17e1fafe3bd7a9aae13e6a1.png

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

With Blaney, Crankshaw, Danzaki* and Mandron effectively replacing Ojala, Efford, Aarons and Moult, I assume we're now at the one in one out stage. We have Penney's spot to fill, then the potential of Morris, SOD, Shields and Maguire going on loan. So five more new players please 🙂

I thought Efford was due back in February?

5 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Or, alternatively, given free as compensation to the poor cnuts who were unfortunate enough to travel and endure the shame of Sligo. 🙋‍♂️

I was aware of the counter argument while I typed.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If I remember correctly, he's not the most popular Motherwell player, which doesn't encourage me too much.

Maguire's issue isn't that he's particularly bad but he has literally 0 stand out attributes.

A spell in the Championship might do him good but I wouldn't be disappointed to see him go if it meant we could bring in another midfielder (ideally a "number 6").

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

You could also potentially say that Johnston was brought back to replace Penney maybe.