Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

47 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I know KVV likes to talk about it but surely no one seriously thinks he's hitting 30?

He's currently scored 12 goals in 11 games, he'd now need to score 6 goals in the last 5 games. Finishing a season on 18 goals in 16 games seems a rather tall order. I wouldn't put it past him getting 26 or 27 but literally one game without a goal, he's needing snookers. 

29 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

He's currently scored 12 goals in 11 games, he'd now need to score 6 goals in the last 5 games. Finishing a season on 18 goals in 16 games seems a rather tall order. I wouldn't put it past him getting 26 or 27 but literally one game without a goal, he's needing snookers. 

Aye, he'd need to finish with a run which would normally be considered excellent. To have that run directly after the absolute spell of his life seems more than unlikely.

I guess the wildcard now is VAR and penalties...a wee fluke series where we get two or three penalties, he scored them all and suddenly the target not quite so ridiculous.

Aye you never know I suppose. A couple of doubles against some of the relegation fodder we’re up against over the next few weeks and it might happen. Chuck in a wee VAR penalty at some point and then watch Kev hitting every single free kick, making zero passes and adopting a solo shoot on sight policy in the last game of the season against Utd. I’m here for it. 

18 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Purely hypothetically (I hope!) but would any goals scored in play-off matches count? After watching their defence last night I'd fancy myself to get a double hat trick against Queens Park, let alone Kev.

The don't count as league goals, I believe, but given 30 would be an all comps tally anyway they'd do for this purpose.

3 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Aberdeen finished top 6 too Joe

28 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

The don't count as league goals, I believe, but given 30 would be an all comps tally anyway they'd do for this purpose.

Deliberately aiming to finish 11th would be a risky strategy, on the off chance the magic 30 adds another few thousand to his future weekly wage, but If he misses a few early sitters we should be prepared to sub him off for big Bevis up front. Who knows what goes through the gallus big Dutch b*****d's mind? 😉

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Aberdeen finished top 6 too Joe

I had a look this morning and he's scored against 9/11 opponents in the league this season. Decent chance he could get one against St. Johnstone before the season is out, but giving Moult that penalty at Tynecastle may deprive him of the full set.

3 hours ago, shivute said:

A!l ifs and buts, but I reckon if he'd had a league cup group stage he be close to the 30 already

Aye, he had no chance against those giants we played in Europe sure.