Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

seemingly they are having to change things as the seats are facing the wrong direction 

I now think I am missing a joke somewhere

53 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

It looks like that wavy astroturf that looked like it was done due to lack of time is being rectified to how it should have been.

Yep.

Being levelled off to look better and so that those digital advertising boards can be installed if we decide to use them (so I hear anyway)

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

It looks like that wavy astroturf that looked like it was done due to lack of time is being rectified to how it should have been.

This is great news. My OCD onlooking from the main stand at that has been going in to over drive all season. 

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

We also know that Johnston, Cornelius and Casey have been offered new contracts based on what Ketts has said in his pressers.

I'm now in the line of thinking that we basically don't expect any out of contract player back, so that list was more or less telling us all of them have left, especially with only two weeks of the close season left. I don't think we should let Goss or Casey dictate their pre-season start date like Scott McDonald used to. Obviously, Johnston & Cornelius' offers are still on the table so we get compensation when they go. 

19 hours ago, ropy said:

I’d like to get it on the record that regardless of the topic, the silence from the club is deafening. 

Although interestingly / worryingly...I see Bob Park was taking on the reply guy role yesterday on the Facebook.  

19 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Bob Park is trying to get view blocking material attached to the back of the East Stand railings. The man is a helmet. Get him out of our club.

We exist to improve obstruct people's lives view.

There was something up the back in the middle at the Dundee Utd game and apparently the Ross County game too.

He is an egotistical w****r. Get shot of him.

I wondered what that was about - it blocks folk that are queuing at the pie stand from seeing the game - seems petty as f**k to me. There must be more pressing stuff going on than this. Must be a risk assessment based on folk getting a hot bovril down the back of their neck in the back row of the East floating around.

1 minute ago, Swello said:

I wondered what that was about - it blocks folk that are queuing at the pie stand from seeing the game - seems petty as f**k to me. There must be more pressing stuff going on than this. Must be a risk assessment based on folk getting a hot bovril down the back of their neck in the back row of the East floating around.

That will be the reasons/line used. In reality it's something that Park has been trying to shut down for years. He doesn't like not getting things his own way.
If someone was standing over someone with hot drink it would be common courtesy to ask/expect them to stand back or sit down.
99% of folk stand there without a pie/drink to enjoy the game and have done for years.

I'd also suggest the risk of getting something cowped on yer head is the same when seated anyway.

11 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

99% of folk stand there without a pie/drink to enjoy the game and have done for years.

Exactly - I'm in that section and it's never been a big deal as far as I've seen. If the folk in the back row don't want folk eating over them (which is totally fair enough BTW) just put some signs up or ask the steward that's always at the top of the steps to move the few folk that are doing that. 

In a sweeping generalisation, I'm going to say that having an ex-cop as your general manager is a really bad idea as a career where you view football supporters in a certain way is probably not going to lead to a very "fan friendly" approach. I always got the impression that 'Flow reigned a lot of this type of stuff in over the years, so it will be interesting to see what else changes.