Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

What is that ominous thing to the side of Kettlewell's desk? Is it an ice bath, steel spa, industrial contract-ripper or transfer dome?

Better yet is anyone able to freeze frame and expand the squad line up on the board behind him.  That would tell a tale or two.  A quick glance showed only 3 players / names in forward positions ! 

4 hours ago, MurrayWell said:

Fair play to Shields, that's a decent move. Was never going to work out for him here was it? Just not good enough for the top flight. 

Hopefully this means we'll start to see some attackers arrive. Got to say, been impressed with how Kettlewell has managed this bloated squad situation so far. Still think we'll be left with a few who we may have been looking to move on come the end of the window, but that's down to previous mismanagement. 

Have to agree with previous posts though, would like to see us bring in some options, if possible, so we've got a plan B if 352 isn't working. 

Glad he's out the door to free up some wages, never good enough no matter the system or position, and he will personally be quids in on the new contract I'd imagine. So win win really.

If I'm greedy I would have liked the Indian club to pay a small fee though given he was under contract rather than us just ripping it up...but ye cannae get everything in this world.

The club not bothering acknowledging the Johnston move then?

Like, I know he's out of contract and technically no longer our player but presumably our contract offer was still on the table to protect our development compensation.

Dunno, I'd have thought they'd have offered some clarity off the back of the Sturm Graz announcement this afternoon.

I know Campbell had 160 games compared to Johnston's 21 but we ran a story confirming the situation when Wee Al moved to Luton. 

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/06/15/allan-campbell-signs-for-luton-town/

Just now, capt_oats said:

Like, I know he's out of contract and technically no longer our player but presumably our contract offer was still on the table to protect our development compensation.

Dunno, I'd have thought they'd have offered some clarity off the back of the Sturm Graz announcement this afternoon.

I know Campbell had 160 games compared to Johnston's 21 but we ran a story confirming the situation when Wee Al moved to Luton. 

:lol: I'm half expecting it to turn out not to be.

6 hours ago, well fan for life said:

The game he was really good in was away at County. However that might distort things because they were really, really, really shite that night. He definitely had found a wee bit of form but I am hesitant to put too much on that as prior to that he wasn't really that good. 

He was best player on the pitch by some distance last October v Hibs at Easter Road, the one where Shields got sent off and we lost a late goal .

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In the club's defence, it's more or less only just happened.

3 minutes ago, stu92 said:

In the club's defence, it's more or less only just happened.

Almost 2 hours ago and Sky were reporting from Edinburgh Airport yesterday as he was about to fly out so it's not like it should have taken them by surprise. It doesn't need to be War & Peace, just a short bit of prepped copy to publish in sync with Sturm Graz.

Then again, it took them 24 hours to acknowledge that Aberdeen were appointing our CEO so...aye fair comment I guess.

19 hours ago, eliphas said:

More stand stuff. Good stuff from Derek.  I'd be keen to hear our ex CEOs take on this given it was under his watch this happened last year originally as well as something from the chairman currently about it 

Do we just set out to waste money? I've absolutely no idea why this "improvement" was in any way necessary. 

7 minutes ago, WellWellSuperWell said:

Do we just set out to waste money? I've absolutely no idea why this "improvement" was in any way necessary. 

The work was required to get a safety certificate. Without the certificate the stand doesn't open.

Dunno like, that seems pretty necessary to me.

Edited by capt_oats

Just now, capt_oats said:

The work was required to get a safety certificate. Without the certificate the stand doesn't open.

Dunno like, that seems pretty necessary to me.

We operated all last year without it being raised as an issue? Surely regulations haven't changed that much over the summer? I'm assuming some H&S busy body from the council wanted to feel important with this one. 

Just now, WellWellSuperWell said:

We operated all last year without it being raised as an issue? Surely regulations haven't changed that much over the summer? I'm assuming some H&S busy body from the council wanted to feel important with this one. 

See below. It's acknowledged in D's thread.