Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

If he's as bad as he's being made out to be I'd like to think that Kettlewell has at least had him at a couple of training sessions to see it for himself.

Always assuming what is essentially an online rumour is true of course.

Edited by santheman

37 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Tomorrow's game is audio only for international subscribers and people with vpns by the looks of it. Not sure why since the last game was streamed. 

Presume it’s due to it being a Saturday 3pm?

37 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Tomorrow's game is audio only for international subscribers and people with vpns by the looks of it. Not sure why since the last game was streamed. 

Last week's game was on Viaplay live. Maybe be something to do with that.

6 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Last week's game was on Viaplay live. Maybe be something to do with that.

As I was on holiday and was in the position of relying on streams - it just seems random in the LC. Elgin had (a fucking awful) stream from a single automatic camera, QOS had nothing and we had a stream for QP for international. 

It may be something as mundane as the fact that there will be no cameras there on Saturday (no VAR, Viaplay not showing any highlights) other than our media team stuff.

Surely Motherwell won't sign Theo Bair. I don't think there's a player I wanted to succeed more than him during his time at Saints but he looked like he'd never seen a  football before 

40 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Surely Motherwell won't sign Theo Bair. I don't think there's a player I wanted to succeed more than him during his time at Saints but he looked like he'd never seen a  football before 

Was the 2-1 win at Fir Park his best game I take it? I wouldn't have described him as cultured or anything but he definitely troubled, eh...Bevis Mugabi and...Solholm Johansen enough. 

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

31 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Since it hasn't been announced I'm putting it down to a fever dream, because I have an actual fever. I don't know why I'm replying to a post that I hallucinated though.

42 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Was the 2-1 win at Fir Park his best game I take it? I wouldn't have described him as cultured or anything but he definitely troubled, eh...Bevis Mugabi and...Solholm Johansen enough. 

I was at that game and can remember his assist, but not really much else that he tangibly contributed. All the same it was probably his best game for us. If you could include closed door games, he'd have won the balon d'or but when it mattered it looked like he had absolutely nothing to offer. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I was at that game and can remember his assist, but not really much else that he tangibly contributed. All the same it was probably his best game for us. If you could include closed door games, he'd have won the balon d'or but when it mattered it looked like he had absolutely nothing to offer. 

I'm convinced its all just a personality thing.

Zero pressure and hes fine, as soon as things get competitive, folk start shouting and it gets rough, he retreats back into his shell and panics.

He needs to go to a level where the tempo is low and slow and he can just coast through games.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Zero pressure and hes fine, as soon as things get competitive, folk start shouting and it gets rough, he retreats back into his shell and panics.

He needs to go to a level where the tempo is low and slow and he can just coast through games.

Being in the aggressive Lanarkshire environment will be good for him - 5 mins of listening to the shite coming from the stands (or a wee read of this thread) will turn him into a psycho - a 25 goals a season psycho.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The East Stand are a bunch of chillaxed legends. Play him out wide and switch flanks at halftime and he'll hit double figures imo.

49 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I quite liked Hylton. The fact we binned him but kept Seedorf is still a mystery.

The bold Sherwin still doesn't have a club since he left us.

I was thinking the same. Hylton wasn't absolutely outstanding but he was decent enough. 

I'd completely forgotten about the existence of Hylton, despite liking him to a level when he was with us. I'd certainly have retained him over some of the dross we've endured since he left.

A quick Wiki search says that since he left County he turned out for Newport in League 2 four times in 21-22, then was with Rushal Olympic in National League North last term with no stats available. Is that basically Junior/Lowland League level? Seems a pretty big drop off for a guy who's still only 30, although I think our much loved but heart lazy Lionel suffered a similar fate at the same age.

Best of luck to the boy and hope he enjoys life in the land of the Smokie.