Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 hours ago, Al B said:

Next you'll be correcting me that John Sutton has actually seen a ball.

I'm sure you're aware it was a flippant comment about Mandron being shit for one club and seemingly not shit for the next one, and how that might (hopefully) relate to Theo Bair.

I'm not sure if that works when he's been shit for every single club he's ever played for, though.

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The gist, as far as I can tell, is that Carson invited his family over for their post-split game against the **** only for Robinson to drop him for the game. Carson kicked off about it which Robinson didn't take well.

Having a quick look at Transfermarkt it was the only league game he didn't start last season.

There seems to have been a suggestion that one of Carson's family (brother?) had a go at Robinson during their end of season POTY anaw.

I mean, Robinson's famously laid back so I can't imagine how this became an issue tbh.

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

The chat was - and this is funny - Trevor's staunch Da and assorted family were coming over to watch him play against their beloved Rangers and Robbo dropped him as it was a dead end of season game and he wanted to try the other keeper out. Trev (and his Da you'd imagine) was raging and that seems to have led to an irredeemable breakdown.

beaten to it by @capt_oats

I mean, that's hardly up there with dropping your keeper on the same day you announce his record of consecutive games! 🤣

I've seen parents and relatives embarrassing themselves when their wee superstars, in their opinion, weren't getting a game at about u10's level.

A professional adult ultimately moving clubs over it (with added value for the fact it was really the opposition they were there to see) is fucking tremendously Cinch though !!!

Edited by 'WellDel

I don't sympathise with the rabid staunchness but on the face of it,  I can understand Carson. Given Robinson must have known him for over a decades, has worked with him at different clubs, and apparently is close enough to have let him stay in England with his families for half the week, it seems a bit odd that drop him without prior warning for a game like that or refuse to budge once Carson complained.

In summary, I hate to say it- but Robinson has lost the plot and all signs right now point to St Mirren being relegated with a record low points tally this season.

When it was going on - I wondered if a money saving thing for us would have been to sell Kelly, get Trev back (with a promise of up to 4 complimentary tickets in the South Stand for every Rangers game) and that way, our wage bill would be lower, we'd be no worse off from a playing point of view and our level of squad staunchness would remain essentially unchanged. Too late now though.

17 minutes ago, Swello said:

When it was going on - I wondered if a money saving thing for us would have been to sell Kelly, get Trev back (with a promise of up to 4 complimentary tickets in the South Stand for every Rangers game) and that way, our wage bill would be lower, we'd be no worse off from a playing point of view and our level of squad staunchness would remain essentially unchanged. Too late now though.

On a vaguely related point, I noticed this yesterday before everyone got caught up in the excitement of Thelonius Day.

23 minutes ago, Swello said:

Dundee paid a 6 figure fee for Carson. There was no way we were going to pay a fee for any player this summer, especially not a 35 year old with no resale value 

34 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Dundee paid a 6 figure fee for Carson. There was no way we were going to pay a fee for any player this summer, especially not a 35 year old with no resale value

Las would have given Trev to us for free as he loves the 'Well and wants a promotion to our CEO role. 

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He's presumably our highest earner right now and isn't really justifying it,

He apparently is (by some distance) and there have been periods he was downright utter shite. He's a decent keeper at our level but Last season I can bet you a goalie an average wage would have been binned.

24 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

You're essentially our colt team at this point 

Doesn't really make much sense given your inferior league position last season.

However obsession does tend to cloud the mind.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Doesn't really make much sense given your inferior league position last season.

However obsession does tend to cloud the mind.

Genuine question, do you not find it a notable scenario?

Further genuine question, if St Johnstone had signed that many of your ex staff members and players in the last 2 seasons, are you saying that St Mirren fans wouldn't be mentioning it and having a wee laugh about it?

Final genuine question, if St Mirren fans did mention it and have a wee laugh about it, would it be because you were obsessed with St Johnstone?

5 minutes ago, Al B said:

Genuine question, do you not find it a notable scenario?

Further genuine question, if St Johnstone had signed that many of your ex staff members and players in the last 2 seasons, are you saying that St Mirren fans wouldn't be mentioning it and having a wee laugh about it?

Final genuine question, if St Mirren fans did mention it and have a wee laugh about it, would it be because you were obsessed with St Johnstone?

We don't even need to sign their players for them to be obsessed over us.

The mere fact we accomplished more in 1 season than they've managed in about 4 decades blew their collective minds I guess.