Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Mere speculation but I wonder if Wilkinson reckons that things haven’t worked out the way he wanted to and has a move back down south lined up.  Kettlewell has proved adept at moving players on.  Is that why he hasn’t even featured off the bench the past 2 games?

This would create space in the squad for another striker, why not a promising U23 from, say, Spurs.

Mere speculation.

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

It is becoming increasingly difficult to disagree with this viewpoint. I have said before I want Kettlewell to succeed because he seems like a decent chap, he clearly has had success before and more than all of that I would rather we were not in the market for yet another Manager !

All that said failure to win any of the next 3 games or garner 3 points and he should be gone and I do believe he will be. 

I just wish we had the wherewithal to get KVV back. Him and Biereth up front 😍

I suspect the reality is that Aberdeen or Hearts cash in on Miovski or Shankland respectively and then spend £1m on Kev with a surplus of £2m or thereabouts. Hearts would hate to lose Shankland but signing the big mad Dutchman would probably be as close as they could get to an acceptable replacement. That would hurt and probably will 🤷‍♂️

You’re insinuating Aberdeen will only get £3m for Miovski?! 😆

The bidding will need to be double that to get Aberdeen to pick up the phone.

And Aberdeen (& I suspect Hearts) are not spending £1m, or close to it, on a 32 year old who had a one-off good season.

Aberdeen will be well aware Miovski will be away, more likely in the summer, & they’ll prepare accordingly on spending a decent amount on another youngish striker with sell on potential. 
That’s their template & strategy now. 

Following on from the Terrace Patreon @dezz did the other day about January wish lists - Only 8 appearances and 649 mins played in total this season at Millwall for Hutchy is it (unused sub today)?

This is absolutely worth The Thread manifesting.

Bring.Him.Home. :)

Screenshot2023-12-26at16_07_19.thumb.png.2f72b0952ed687662aef061abcd6e8cf.png

Edited by capt_oats

10 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Following on from the Terrace Patreon @dezz did the other day about January wish lists - Only 8 appearances and 649 mins played in total this season at Millwall for Hutchy is it (unused sub today)?

Has he not been absolutely riddled with calf problems this season? 

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

His profile isn't showing any specific injury stuff. He seems to have been a fixture on the bench recently - I take it the red block is indeed an injury though.

Screenshot2023-12-26at16_22_19.thumb.png.5f8180ee2146fc8218398daf60296f42.png

Just checked and aye, it was. He missed a couple of months last season with the same injury too.

Very much one of those "Be Aware!" things with players in their 30s IMO, that he might very well be done now as he'll never really get over it.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just checked and aye, it was. He missed a couple of months last season with the same injury too.

Very much one of those "Be Aware!" things with players in their 30s IMO, that he might very well be done now as he'll never really get over it.

Sounds like he fits our current profile perfectly tbf.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

This has been my wish for some time, if he can still play the 1 man defence that McCall ended many matches with then we could flood the midfield.

5 hours ago, ropy said:

Mere speculation but I wonder if Wilkinson reckons that things haven’t worked out the way he wanted to and has a move back down south lined up.  Kettlewell has proved adept at moving players on.  Is that why he hasn’t even featured off the bench the past 2 games?

This would create space in the squad for another striker, why not a promising U23 from, say, Spurs.

Mere speculation.

Any detectives on here?

2 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Shame.

Ive already got it down to Jamie Donnelly as he is from N.Ireland and has clearly been tapped up by Brodie Spencer! 😆

Never heard of him but I’ve always liked him, bring him in.

Good Motherwell teams are broadly better than the sum of their parts.

This Motherwell side is quite a bit worse than the sum of its parts.

It's quite weird that our form is generally poor, with a wee run of terrible results when Kettlewell attempted mad stuff like Wilkinson in midfield. You wonder if he'd just fucked about less we might've won a couple and would feel significantly more comfortable in that we're just a bit duff rather than on the verge of crisis.

5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Good Motherwell teams are broadly better than the sum of their parts.

This Motherwell side is quite a bit worse than the sum of its parts.

It's quite weird that our form is generally poor, with a wee run of terrible results when Kettlewell attempted mad stuff like Wilkinson in midfield. You wonder if he'd just fucked about less we might've won a couple and would feel significantly more comfortable in that we're just a bit duff rather than on the verge of crisis.

With the run we’re on and the back room upheaval I’d say this was pretty much crisis territory.

Lose the next 2 and it’s full blown heads gone stuff.