Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

32 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Is beating Livingston a good or a bad thing? A plus to win, but maybe some see it as a bad thing in the long run for those who see Kettlewell as the wrong man?

Good thing 

I had a swatch at Kettlewell's post-match and noted that he's talking about us needing to add to what we have for depth (which is a fair comment and consistent with what he's said before).

Dunno, it's a case of reading between the lines but it sounded like ideally we'd like to see a bit of movement.

Obvs that's Souaré out the door now and McGinley back in (for now). It'll be interesting to see how quickly we get bodies in the door.

Last season was obviously unusual on account of the break landing in November through to mid-December rather than January but the bulk of our business was announced pretty last minute - of the 9 we brought in Danzaki was the 28th January, Furlong, Aitchison were announced on "deadline day", Obika the morning after with Butcher and Casey after the window closed.

Either way, the way Kettlewell's been talking it sounds like he knows we need bodies in.

Also, with Blaney apparently injured now and Casey still out long term(ish) would we be inclined to recall the Bathgate Maldini from Dundee although I've seen a couple of mentions on their thread that he's injured as well? Is that right @Ludo*1?

Like, I'm not advocating it but if we've not had a left sided centre back on our agenda and we find ourselves short it'd save a bit of time having to recruit one.

Edited by capt_oats