Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

45 minutes ago, Ceiling Granny said:

What do you think is the end game of The Video, and what would you as a fan be happy with?

I think it’s really difficult. While obviously investment is a good thing, how much do we want, and in fantasy land how much would be “too much”? Is there a too much?

Just now if the club think having a heap of well society members is hard to navigate (how much to involve members, what decisions should go to members etc etc), how’s that going to work when you have 10 Americans kicking in 200K each and thinking they’re Fenway Sports? What level of discussions will there be with any would be investor before we take the money, what would that “buy” them? 

I get this post is just a bit of a brain dump, but I have many more questions than anything else after that video.  Like others have said I expected a more formal sales pitch along the lines of this is what we’re giving for this amount of cash. 

Entirely fair. Although I'd say it's unrealistic to make a sales pitch like that publicly, there will no doubt be dozens of cranks, Princes from Nigeria etc sending in mails right now and conversations can be had with the 1% who may be serious.

Not going over the merits of the video again but essentially I think it's just letting anyone know that despite being fan owned we're not off the table should you wish to burn your money on a hobby.

What would we be happy with? Bugger knows, there are too many variables. There's plenty scenarios I'm sure I'd be thrilled with and no doubt some I'd be extremely wary about.

Let’s say the investment comes, what do we do with it.

When i fantasise about winning the Euromillions (I don’t buy a ticket) I have always thought I would invest in the infrastructure, not the team.  I would rebuild the main stand to stop it being a drain on funds then turn the Hunter stand into a steep Tyncastle like stand.  Then whatever was required around training facilities would be considered.  The rest of you could continue to plough your money into tickets and Well Society subscriptions to maintain the team in a self sustaining way.

What would Taylor do?

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

How curious. I noticed this Tweet just there and a quick check on their forum has Exeter City wanting to sign oor Thelonius.

Bair mention in their thread starts here: https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/garys-january-transfer-window.64079/page-406#post-2273244

£2m.

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Mahon scored a double against Alloa in November btw. Let's hope we're not revisiting this in a few weeks

They were decent goals too, the first was a cracker from distance. 

Anyway, I see it's forecast to be baltic next week. Would Well be likely to use the undersoil heating for a cup tie like this? 

I might be giving the board a bit too much credit here but I have a feeling that this video was put out primarily to generate the kind of responses we've seen so far.

I wouldnt be surprised once the furore has died down to see a follow up one on a more serious note getting into the guts of what our club actually stands for being released to try and capitalise on any serious interest.

At the very least it's motivated me to up my monthly contributions to the Well Society.

Penney would 💯 be suited to this formation. If he is the same player from the start of his first stint. A proper attacking LWB. Harsh on Gent tho and what will Kettlewell do… probably play Penney at right wing back. 

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

£5 million but they only get him on loan. 

£5M ans he is immedietly returned on loan for the length of his contract.