Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

30 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm once again asking if we can just sign Stephen Kelly.

Halliday a massively meh signing. I don't really feel he's ever properly got to grips with the top flight, tbqhwy. He'd be fine because Slattery's leg fell off and f**k all else tbh.

Aye. He feels like a really obvious choice with this but even though Martindale seems to have taken the huff with Kelly I guess it'd still be a surprise if they sold him to a relegation rival at this point in time.

I suppose if Miller is back in training (per @Casagolda) then really all we're looking for from Halliday is another body who's not Barry Maguire to get us through to the summer.

I can see why Halliday would be a low risk, sensible option to the club but I'm with  @Busta Nut on this one. Guys an A grade, bigoted arsehole.

I've still got my therapist's number for when the memory of Bob Malcolm in a Motherwell top gets too much. This kvnt signing wouldn't be any less traumatic. 

Absolutely agree that Halliday is a total p***k, would absolutely rather we didn't bring him in, but I think we're at the bargain bin when it comes to midfield cover. 

Put it this way, we had f**k all interest in him last week, but after Slattery's injury I guess Kettlewell is looking for someone who is already in the league, with some experience. We'll no have many options in that regard. 

50 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm once again asking if we can just sign Stephen Kelly.

Halliday a massively meh signing. I don't really feel he's ever properly got to grips with the top flight, tbqhwy. He'd be fine because Slattery's leg fell off and f**k all else tbh.

Grown adults that enjoy Harry Potter that much are quite frankly a concern.

Didn't know he was into Harry Potter. He might have an appropriate scarf already I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Absolutely agree that Halliday is a total p***k, would absolutely rather we didn't bring him in, but I think we're at the bargain bin when it comes to midfield cover. 

Put it this way, we had f**k all interest in him last week, but after Slattery's injury I guess Kettlewell is looking for someone who is already in the league, with some experience. We'll no have many options in that regard. 

On that point, I know Nick Daws has been taking a lot of heat because...recruitment. Also, as we know, there's a section of our support are permanently furious about us signing players from the English lower leagues.

Dunno, Adam Montgomery and Andy Halliday feel pretty much...not that. I wonder how much of that is based on Kettlewell's direction like.

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Dunno, Adam Montgomery and Andy Halliday feel pretty much...not that. I wonder how much of that is based on Kettlewell's direction like.

Aye, maybe part of it. Perhaps this will be a busier window than we expected it to be and they're looking for a mix of unknown and folk who have already played in the SPFL/already play in the SPFL. 

12 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Feeling an increasing wave of un-enthusiasm washing over me these days.

I’m starting to think fitba just isn’t for me anymore more and more. 

I genuinely don't think I've enjoyed football since before the pandemic. 

3 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Gent also follows out of contract kiwi right back Callan Elliot.  Going by all the others players Instagrams, we're going to sign a lot of burds that might not be real people.

I would still play them in front of SOD at RWB. 

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

This will 100% happen at least a few times this remaining season if we don't sign a RB

I hate that kunt

Me too actually detest him. Odious p***k