Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On the Society front, we had a really useful session with a group of members last night on communications (you may have clocked mention of it on the socials today), led by Scotland's top tannoy announcer. A lot of constructive criticism as expected, the vast majority of which those of us in attendance from the Society not just already knew, but have actually been echoing for quite some time now - so it'll be very useful to have that "evidence" to draw on going forward. There was of course some really good additional ideas, suggestions & concerns raised by folk, a very beneficial discussion all in.

On an optimistic note, as I've alluded to previously, I'm confident things can now genuinely improve with a Society Board more weighted in the direction of enacting the kinds of improvements & changes required, which I suppose highlights the benefit of Society members themselves engaging with the election/re-election process (and sessions like last night).

That's absolutely not a criticism of anyone, more just an observation that everybody rightfully has their own views & perspectives of things on a democratic board, such as what's needed in terms of communication, and sometimes there just needs to be more folk with a similar mindset before you can see (what I would consider as) proper progress.

Edited by JayMFC

Unless we nail a Mika replacement I reckon we're probably favourites for the playoff. I wouldn't fancy us against United but- in a prediction I'm sure won't be dredged up in a few months- Raith and Partick both strike me as bottle merchants that we'd handle okay.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

56 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I did wonder why we had all the floodlights on at half 5...

Went past last night and wondered why all the lights were on anaw.

I've always disliked Arsenal and now I have nothing but contempt for English fitba in general I hate them even more.
What they did with the Clarke boy they recalled was shady and they can just go f**k themselves. 

43 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Bring him home...

0_Motherwell-vs-Queen-of-the-South.jpg

If we lose Mika I think we really need to push the boat out. 

Edited by Busta Nut

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Main seems to have chosen Dundee anaw. Does feel like we're running out of non KVV options.

I mean, I could see why Kettlewell might have been interested but ngl I always thought the idea that he’d choose come back here was a bit optimistic.

It’s not like he had a particularly warm and fuzzy relationship with the support or anything.

What's the script with Van Veen at the moment, is he still back here since his wee yin was born? If so, is he likely to have maintained full fitness and  be ready to drop straight into a starting 11 wherever he ends up?

(Moot point I suppose, would imagine a return to us is highly unlikely).

Losing Slattery, Spencer and Mika in the one month and replacing them with a left wing back in Montgomery and Andy Halliday would be utterly brutal. Genuinely horrendous. Having to rely on a returning 17 year old, albeit class player to fill the creativity void would be difficult. 

I think it would see us struggling to finish 10th unless we do pull a rabbit or three out the hat. 

Imagine moving to Sheffield Wednesday... on a fucking Wednesday?  What shite patter is this?

Massive loss.  If we end up replacing him with some c**t with 4 goals for some non-entity like Walsall or Colchester Utd, we're in the heavy shit.  

I think it's safe to say the cash reserves will be taking another battering later this month, we'll then need to trim fat in summer and we absolutely won't find ourselves in the same situation again from October onwards...unless we do actually get relegated of course.

Losing Biereth would obviously be annoying but that was a chance we knowingly took - the bigger problem yet again comes down to the other attackers we signed being so completely underwhelming the hat was hung on a loanee from a club with a reputation for exactly this.

As an aside, it does put the manager debate into perspective somewhat...there are clearly some baffling decisions made at times but let's be honest, whether it's SK, Hammell, Alexander or anyone else, being Motherwell manager is like being asked to push water uphill.

Yikes - came in here to hopefully see some disappointed comments about missing out on Curtis Main but to see that you're looking like you'll lose Biereth as well. That combined with you potentially losing Ricki Lamie permanently does feel like a death knell to your season as he was a player that looked a cut above and would be dangerous enough to cause danger to any of the other bottom 6. Becomes a massive January for Kettlewell's managerial career but more importantly your Premiership safety.

Spoiler

May or may not be deadly serious about the Lamie aspect.

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

10/10 for optimism there.

Maybe we could recall Lamie and play him up front.

We've got about 3 defenders right now and he's the only available one that can kick a ball with his left foot, so please don't ruin our season just because yours is in the shits.

3 minutes ago, SteelyDosser said:

Would be just the thing for us to face Dundee Utd in the playoffs after dropping them last season.

I'm shitting it tbh

Bizarrely I'd fancy our chances quite strongly against United.

They would be under comical pressure, are they really good enough to get through four games in two weeks living on their nerves without fucking up once? Doubtful.

I reckon they'll win the league comfortably in the end mind.

Biereth is 20 years old and has played less than 30 games of professional football in his career. 

Can someone not have a word with Sheffield Wednesday and convince them that Oli Shaw (who has experience of playing in England) is the Motherwell striker they REALLY want. 

8 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Biereth is 20 years old and has played less than 30 games of professional football in his career. 

Can someone not have a word with Sheffield Wednesday and convince them that Oli Shaw (who has experience of playing in England) is the Motherwell striker they REALLY want. 

The fact anyone keeps signing Oli Shaw is mental. He's a shite Lee Erwin and that's saying something.

Tough loss Biereth. Does that mean you'll all stop being annoyed at Charles Dunne now?