Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I bought my ticket for Saturday last week buzzing to get back to the football , optimistic and looking forward to what the transfer window would bring. How do we go from that to this in a week !?

Given that 2 of Bair’s recent goals have been assisted by the departed Biereth I hope Arsenal have not sucked the strength out of our new hero.  It’s hard losing your lucky charm.

51 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Kettlewell deciding to build an entirely new strike force in January is a bold move, I have to admit. 

image.png.e6f95413c3058c500e3b394ef9a418bf.pngMo

We can price them out or make Theo our highest transfer out so > £3.5M?

25 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

That would be good, no further notes. 

I see he was at United at the same time as Butcher (first time) and Spittal.

Going by the article from Burns he wants the move to happen. Moving back up for family reasons etc. The 'hurdle' seems to be that there are English teams interested who'll pay more money.

"Fraser and Charlton have other more lucrative offers in England but the player wants to return north of the border. It remains to be seen if the two clubs can agree terms but Charlton know Fraser wants the move to happen."

Make it happen Daws.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Not that they're particularly similar forwards but I can't imagine Dundee are signing Greg Stewart as well as Curtis Main. Though you'd imagine he'd be commanding a higher wage than Main too.

Tbh, though I'm not a massive fan of Stewart (he has a really fucking weird face) I'd actually have said that, given at the time we had Biereth and oor Thelonius, he was probably closer to what we actually needed than Main was/is especially if Kettlewell is angling to play with 3 forwards.

Edited by capt_oats

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, though I'm not a massive fan of Stewart (he has a really fucking weird face) I'd actually have said that, given at the time we had Biereth and oor Thelonius, he was probably closer to what we actually needed than Main was/is especially if Kettlewell is angling to play with 3 forwards.

I hadn't really considered the 3 forwards idea.  Tbh- and this is probably why I'm not a football manager- but I'm basically at the point where I'd take anyone that has some sort of goalscoring ability and figure out a system afterwards. Theo is going to do the same stuff regardless of who he's next to IMO, bring on Obika if we need somebody to hold it up and Shaw if we need somebody to run in behind and trip himself up.

Listened to the presser while I was doing the dishes there. I'll sum up the 17 minutes so you don't have to. 

• We've nae money but we need players.
  • Arsenal are dicks
  • Slattery's fucked. 
  • Montgomery was approached in the summer. 
  • Alloa are the underdogs. 

8 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Listened to the presser while I was doing the dishes there. I'll sum up the 17 minutes so you don't have to. 

• We've nae money but we need players.
  • Arsenal are dicks
  • Slattery's fucked. 
  • Montgomery was approached in the summer. 
  • Alloa are the underdogs. 

In fairness, on the nae money thing I think Kettlewell probably has to bring that narrative back given McMahon spent pretty much all of last week having to tell everyone that actually we're not skint and not in "financial difficulty".

It doesn't exactly help in terms of our leverage if other clubs know that we're not only entirely solvent but absolutely fucking desperate for players.

See the more you think about it, absolutely f**k Arsenal. 

I vocally wasn't a fan of Wilkinson, and agree he wasn't a long term solution for us up top, but you'd imagine we only agreed to let him go knowing we had Mika until the end of the season, and judging by what Kettlewell has said we were given reassurances of that only last week. I know he's their player but that's quite poor form. 

Two fit strikers, as it stands, for Saturday and I'm no even convinced Obika is ever fully fit. Genuinely feel for Kettlewell here seems like everything that could have gone wrong in this window so far has. 

Yer rotters Arsenal, fucking rotters. 

3 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Yer rotters Arsenal, fucking rotters. 

I might break the habit of a lifetime and start watching English footy just to enjoy seeing Arsenal not winning anything.

So we are looking at the below for tomorrow then eh?

Kelly

Mcginn

SOD

Mugabi

Butcher

Gent

Davor 

Paton

Spittal

Bair

Obika

The bench is a different story but I'd expect we will see Monty off it. Probably Maguire too. That really should be enough to win. So I'm not particularly worried about that weekend. He says. 

But we need a good few lads in next week.

Edited by eliphas