Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Ramdeuter 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Me trying to keep up with this stuff.

Honest question, do most folk get their tactical awareness from FM?  I've never played it and it shows.... I don't know anything beyond 442, 433 and very occasionally I might recognise the exotic 4231.

21 minutes ago, CoF said:

Honest question, do most folk get their tactical awareness from FM?  I've never played it and it shows.... I don't know anything beyond 442, 433 and very occasionally I might recognise the exotic 4231.

Aside from the, slightly tongue in cheek, chat about Ross Tierney being one. There's only one guy who is Das Raumdeuter and he's one of my favourite football players of all time.

Happy Germany GIF by FIFA

FM can have you looking for a Mezzala/Enganche/Shadow Striker/Regista but they're all just different flavours of midfielder really. Big Tam Muller is one of a kind. https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/03/31/thomas-muller-the-first-and-possible-last-ramdeuter/

Fine with Vale.  Young guy with a point to prove , no obvious injury red flags , hasn't already been passed about half of our rivals . Let's be honest it's only really going to be someone like that or someone who is known but with major red flags . No real record to prove his credentials but that means no proof he's a haddie , amarite ?! 

In a purely numbers sense the First Team squad currently sits at 22 (including injuries: Montgomery and Slattery along with Obika).

Another 3 in takes us to 25 and if Barry Maguire is indeed away to LOI it’d land us on 24 which is pretty much the number Kettlewell spoke of before the window opened.

It’d make it 8 in during this window with roughly the following movement:

Spencer (recalled) - ?
Souaré (contract ended) - Montgomery (in)
Wilkinson (sold) - ?
Slattery (injured) - Nicholson (in)
Biereth (recalled) - ?
Shaw (injured/recalled) - Vale (in)

+ Halliday (in), Elliot (in)

Edited by capt_oats

8 hours ago, CoF said:

I've always wondered where young boys in the pub discussing football got all this chat from and just assumed they actually went into coaching seminars or suchlike. Turns out they just play FM, which to be honest makes a lot more sense.

Hopefully the 3 potential new signings are announced way before half 11 so I can get to my bed at a decent time 🤣.

You’ve hurt your finger? Puir wee man! Refreshing the thread on deadline day? Deary me.