Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

That is genuinely wild assuming the rumoured amounts the big man is on are even vaguely true.

Also, fair play to Groningen for getting someone to actually take that deal.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

True but haven't you heard the Killie players are getting paid in blank envelopes stuffed with used bank notes?

55 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

The shitey fumes from Billy Bowie's tankers must have addled his brain if he's willing to spunk that level of cash.

23 minutes ago, Dosser1886 said:

If the numbers mentioned are correct then that's bonkers behaviour from Kilmarnock or more accurately Bowie.

Think the planets aligned a bit while he was with us but would have thought it would have been stupid, even in our present situation, to have done something similar even if we were in a position to.

Christian Bale Swag GIF

1 minute ago, Allroy for Prez said:

When I read Killie/whoever blew our offer out the water I thought we were stumping up £1500 a week and my head was going to come clean off. 

If it turns out we pushed the boat out massively and were then gazumped by silly money then I’m not sure there’s much we can do about that.

Why would Killie entertain those alleged wages when they have about 8 strikers and are sitting pretty? 

Coz we’ve got two Directors with Loadsamoney who aren’t content with sitting pretty!,

2 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Any fan who claims to know the wage budget of their club or any other is guessing. Even the accounts don't give a true picture as some include non playing staff. 

Most of our wages budget goes to Yeti.

I'm no sure why folk are surprised that Killie have the ability to pay more than us for these types of deals. They have Bowie, we don't have anyone like that. 

St Mirren's apparent transfer budget on the other hand, that's surely starting to raise eyebrows? 

6 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

I'm no sure why folk are surprised that Killie have the ability to pay more than us for these types of deals. They have Bowie, we don't have anyone like that. 

St Mirren's apparent transfer budget on the other hand, that's surely starting to raise eyebrows? 

And McLeish, who isn't short of cash.

11 minutes ago, weemac said:

Are we signing 5 players today or am I being thick and missing something else?

I'm not even sure I posted that. Dunno what I was on about.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm not even sure I posted that. Dunno what I was on about.

You were on about the total limit of 5 from all Scottish clubs around the loans chat from earlier today.

This only relates to domestic loans though rather than cross-border.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The rules on this change so regularly that it's hard to keep on top of. I think it has only applied to over 21 players though, so wouldn't count to someone like Devine regardless.

It used to be one over 21 player from another Premiership club (I remember Ross County having to release Scott Boyd to join us permanently so that we could sign Conor Sammon on loan from Hearts), but presumably you are now allowed at least two.

EDIT: Seems to just be a limit one player from any club and a total limit of 5 from all Scottish clubs.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 11.36.48.png

Speaking of which...we've signed King Krule.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Obileye apparently at Fir Park signing a pre-contract apparently. Good luck with him, he's hopeless. 

Massive “worst player in St Johnstone’s history” vibes, fingers crossed for similar outcome 🤞🏻🧸

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

True but haven't you heard the Killie players are getting paid in blank envelopes stuffed with used bank notes?

Last I heard it was EBT's !!