Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

You were on about the total limit of 5 from all Scottish clubs around the loans chat from earlier today.

This only relates to domestic loans though rather than cross-border.

Speaking of which...we've signed King Krule.

Looks like a polis mugshot

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

You were on about the total limit of 5 from all Scottish clubs around the loans chat from earlier today.

This only relates to domestic loans though rather than cross-border.

Speaking of which...we've signed King Krule.

Total hostage photo vibes, he should be holding a newspaper

33 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I disagree with anyone who has issues with the fan ownership due to us not spending a fucking fortune on players.

Fair enough it seems I’m in the minority. I’m not talking about players in general terms here I’m referring to the fact we have no fucking strikers and other teams that don’t even need them are signing them from under our noses for shits and giggles.

At some point we are going to have to outbid someone to get the players we want but as I say the vast majority on here seem content to lose players so as not to upset the wage structure.

Just now, Stevie Kirk said:

Fair enough it seems I’m in the minority. I’m not talking about players in general terms here I’m referring to the fact we have no fucking strikers and other teams that don’t even need them are signing them from under our noses for shits and giggles.

At some point we are going to have to outbid someone to get the players we want but as I say the vast majority on here seem content to lose players so as not to upset the wage structure.

I don’t think it’s the fan ownership model that has led to us having one fit striker, nor do I think we’d be without a wage structure if we went back to having a privately funded owner. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Obileye is an upgrade on big Bevis tbf. He's about as decent as you can get for the typical big bombscare, but dominant style CH.

I've always thought of him as a worse version of Bevis to be fair :D That might be my bias of watching Obileye each week though

Probs mentioned further back, mental we haven't cancelled montgomerys loan. Can't afford to push the boat out for Van Veen but quite happy paying a 10% of montgomerys wage to sit on the treatment table at celtic for 3 months.

38 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Blows the bullshit budget wage thing a Killie fan was talking about right out the water

But here is a thing….We spent £1m on improving our pitch. Because it is of the grass variety. 

Killie have a shite plastic pitch that costs f**k all. 

(Glad he went there than Paisley). But one wonders how they are able to afford KVV wages….

gene wilder thinking GIF

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Obileye apparently at Fir Park signing a pre-contract apparently. Good luck with him, he's hopeless. I've never saw a footballer with such a lack of a weak foot, he'd rather turn inside and use his right and risk losing it on the edge of the box than just play out his left. 

Good in the air but lazy and very little concentration. We lost our first goal v County due to him standing still dreaming and lets Simon Murray run through uncontested. 

Obileye…..Obika…. There’s got to be a song in there somewhere.  

2 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Probs mentioned further back, mental we haven't cancelled montgomerys loan. Can't afford to push the boat out for Van Veen but quite happy paying a 10% of montgomerys wage to sit on the treatment table at celtic for 3 months.

Thought celtic were picking up the wage until he's fit again.

Just now, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

Obileye…..Obika…. There’s got to be a song in there somewhere.  

I heard someone talking at our game on Tuesday about merging Nouble and Obileye into one competent player. Coined the term Noubileye.

5 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

We're not paying anything while he's injured is the chat. He canny play for another team this season so makes no sense to recall then restrict him from coming back if fit again.

Edited by MurrayWell

20 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Looks like a polis mugshot

20 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Total hostage photo vibes, he should be holding a newspaper

Photo taken just as Kettlewell said..

"So Adam, just to recap. On Saturday we'll be starting with you, SOD's,  Bevis, ... "

1 minute ago, MurrayWell said:

We're not paying anything while he's injured is the chat. He canny play for another team this season so makes no sense to recall then restrict him from coming back if fit again.

3 minutes ago, shivute said:

Thought celtic were picking up the wage until he's fit again.

That's absolutely fair enough, didn't realise that was the case. 

Need to be find something else to be annoyed about now, fs

4 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

On a cheerier note, if Van Veen hasn't kicked a ball since November, chances of him featuring could be slim. And we most likely won't have to play Killie again. So that's something.

He'll still score against our defence.

14 minutes ago, welldaft said:

But here is a thing….We spent £1m on improving our pitch. Because it is of the grass variety. 

Killie have a shite plastic pitch that costs f**k all. 

(Glad he went there than Paisley). But one wonders how they are able to afford KVV wages….

gene wilder thinking GIF

Pretty sure Killie are in the process of building a new training facility and then laying a grass pitch