Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 hours ago, Alanos said:

Theo Bair to Bristol City for £750k + addons I’ve heard.

Maybe bollox. Good deal or not, not sure myself.

That just happens to be how much money we need. Cool.

3 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

Oh geez peace, pretty much every one of us minus Ketts thought he was a dud till late December.

I mean, I wasn't a member here before December but I absolutely didn't. His work ethic and willingness to give 100% was clear from the get go, despite the overall quality being missing.

Could absolutely see there was potential there which would take some time. He always struck me as someone who was more willing to play than the likes of Wilkinson and Shaw earlier in the season.

Said it before, even when Bair wasn't scoring for us he's been key to our better performances this season, win at Hearts early doors for example.

He's been great for us and his numbers are now backing up his early season graft. Voted him for POTY, hopefully he gets it, would be absolutely deserved. 

1 hour ago, StAndrew7 said:

I mean, I wasn't a member here before December but I absolutely didn't. His work ethic and willingness to give 100% was clear from the get go, despite the overall quality being missing.

Could absolutely see there was potential there which would take some time. He always struck me as someone who was more willing to play than the likes of Wilkinson and Shaw earlier in the season.

100% on work ethic and effort, but that is not what strikers are measured on. I'm saying that I remember turning to my friend in mid December after seeing another  wasted chance and saying "absolutely zero composure". Fast forward a few weeks and he scores one of the most composed goals I've seen in the flesh vs Livi.

Some forwards do the donkey work and their contribution opens space for a more prolific guy beside them (think Okiba with KVV before he broke). If you've watched the games you'll recognise it, if you haven't then there is little to zero to convey their influence.

It can't be ignored there was a very distinct line between his return before late December and after it. His effort and endeavour has been consistent throughout the season.

£750k is a remarkable return and as already said, if true, would be the first of many offers we'd hope on the table.

Absolutely delighted for the big man! Get the feeling he’ll be proper appreciative of it too. 

Some, eh, questionable selections in the rest of the team imo. Frankie Kent and Danny Armstrong must be arseholes on the park for other players not to have voted for them. 

35 minutes ago, Swello said:

It's nice that they put Theo in the place they keep for Motherwell players in the TOTY

Definitely not to scale, though, it's like they've just squeezed him into the last remaining space like a fucking Smurf or something.

image.png.f10c33d0f1e9e7866650e8a90c800e78.png

26 minutes ago, dezz said:

Absolutely delighted for the big man! Get the feeling he’ll be proper appreciative of it too. 

Some, eh, questionable selections in the rest of the team imo. Frankie Kent and Danny Armstrong must be arseholes on the park for other players not to have voted for them. 

Aye i like Scales but what strikers are finding it tougher against Scales than against Kent/any Killie CB?

I'd argue a McCowan should be in there instead of McGregor or Lundstram too.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Hopeful punt to POTY. Netflix Boy will be wishing he'd tried to get on board earlier, plenty mileage in that story for a Doc. 

Was one of his many doubters/early detractors, but delighted for the big man.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

I saw the Championship team yesterday and wondered if Bair might get a sniff, maybe he has timed his run brilliantly.

I honestly think that all his stars may have aligned and this could well be the case.

Along with this recognition from his fellow pro's, another couple of goals before the end of the season will undoubtedly attract attention from down South and he has all the physical attributes to succeed in those leagues. A million quid is chicken feed down there nowadays and represents nothing more than a punt to many of them, so a 7 figure bid would be no surprise (and very welcome for a player who cost us virtually zero outlay).

15 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'm delighted at how well Bair has done this season.

I'm delighted at how raging St. Johnstone fans and media are about it.

But it would be madness not to take 750k + add-ons for him if that is accurate.

This Saints fan isn’t raging. I’m glad he has found what he didn’t at us. For that we blame Davidson and McLean. Never seen a player that the fanbase willed to do well. He simply didn’t fit with us and everything you have seen, we saw none of it.

14 minutes ago, andrewh said:

This Saints fan isn’t raging. I’m glad he has found what he didn’t at us. For that we blame Davidson and McLean. Never seen a player that the fanbase willed to do well. He simply didn’t fit with us and everything you have seen, we saw none of it.

I think that's the attitude of most Saints fans tbf.

Sometimes a player just doesn't suit a club/manager and vice versa.