Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The boy could walk down Brandon Parade the morra screaming "I'm Callan Elliot" at the top of his lungs and I'd still need someone to confirm it for me. Has he ever even made the bench?

Fair play to him for getting himself a paid 6 month jolly to the other end of the world for the sum total of absolutely heehaw. 

50 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Im assuming from the comments on your thread that he’s been honking? 

One of many pea hearts in our squad, exelcep he earns a fortune for it.

Coincidentally got "injured" in the Summer window after being told he could leave, and has magically regained fitness just before this Summers window.

Can't even blame him tbh, the contract he has with us won't be close to matched anywhere else.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of many pea hearts in our squad, exelcep he earns a fortune for it.

Coincidentally got "injured" in the Summer window after being told he could leave, and has magically regained fitness just before this Summers window.

Can't even blame him tbh, the contract he has with us won't be close to matched anywhere else.

Sounds a bit Ian Vigursy to me. During the season he was getting the last rites due to a “ back injury” for which the only cure was  apparently “signing on fee”. 

5 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

I see on the BBC Gossip page that Jeando Fuchs is leaving Peterborough.  Were we not interested in him at one stage, perhaps back in January?  

It was January of last season.

23 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

I see on the BBC Gossip page that Jeando Fuchs is leaving Peterborough.  Were we not interested in him at one stage, perhaps back in January?  

Fuchs was great at United and I'd have been thrilled to sign him last January - but he's had bad injuries and we already have Davor and Halliday signed up to shitfest in that position next season, so I wouldn't be rushing a repeat attempt.

2 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I see we're up against David Gray, the lost experienced caretaker manager in Scotland, tomorrow.

Our board will no doubt be messaging each other with some smug satisfaction this morning...

Funny that out of Hammell and Montgomery, Hammell might actually be the better option.

16 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Chucking this in here:

Came on to give this very thing a nudge!

Blurb below but check the link in the tweet above for more info, to sign up etc. Excellent chance for a kick about on the Fir Park turf. 

The roar of the crowd, the excitement as you step out of the tunnel and onto the hallowed Fir Park turf – here is your chance to Live the Dream as a Motherwell player for the day.

Today we launch an exclusive opportunity for Well Society members to play on the pitch on the evening of Friday 24 May 2024, with all money raised going to The Well Society.

There are 32 places available, each giving you the chance to experience life as a professional footballer. Four of these places will be given free to fully paid up Well Society members who apply through a draw. The rest of the places will go on sale tonight on a first come, first-served basis.

To take part in the event you need to:

Be a current adult member of The Well Society
Be available from 6.30pm on Friday 24 May 2024
This is a physically demanding event – you must be healthy enough to take part
Read and agree to our terms and conditions
Sign our disclaimer

In return you will:

Have the chance to grace Fir Park with your footballing skills
Enjoy a rare opportunity to experience life as a Motherwell player
Receive a playing shirt with your name and number
Catch up with fellow players at our post-match reception
Gather photos and memories which will last a lifetime

BUY YOUR PLACE

Buy your place here. The teams are open to all genders and abilities. There are 14 places available on each team, with prices ranging from £150 for the opportunity to come off the bench as an impact sub, to £200 for a place in the starting line up.

FREE PLACES

To be in with a chance for one of the free places you’ll need to be a current member of the Well Society. If you are not a member you can subscribe via this link (join by 5pm Tuesday 14 May). To get your name in the frame, email us with your details by midnight, Thursday 16 May. The draw for the places will take place at noon on Friday 17 May 2024.

SUPPORTERS

Help us create a great atmosphere for the players and celebrate fan ownership by joining us for the big match on the night. Entry will be priced at £5 per person with all proceeds going to support the Club through The Well Society.

11 minutes ago, JayMFC said:

Came on to give this very thing a nudge!

Blurb below but check the link in the tweet above for more info, to sign up etc. Excellent chance for a kick about on the Fir Park turf. 

Callan Elliot should have signed up for this.

It was all going so well until...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Desp said:

It was all going so well until...

Never stopped Jon Obika signing a contract

Edited by Vietnam91

12 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Never stopped Jon Obika signing a contract

You had to laugh or cry…..when in the Hibs presser Ketts said Obika was back in full training and probably ready for match 39 of the season…..the last part I made up of course. Nice guy but total waste of a squad player. Let’s try to keep signing perma crocks to a minimum next season eh 🤷‍♂️

59 minutes ago, wellfan919191 said:

Been a while since I checked here any more transfer rumours or is it still the rumours of Easton and obileye

Obileye was brutal against us the other week. I'd hope seeing that performance was enough to see an end to any potential interest. A hard no from me.