Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I was away to ask if that was big Ripley in goals for Morecambe turns out it was.

Screenshot2024-05-24at12_29_03.thumb.png.948b299c0a1900b4f86ab946d2a1f1e7.png

Liam Shaw as wel. That's Scott Sinclair and Quansah of Liverpool too. Derek Adams and Joey Barton the managers? What a league.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Liam Shaw as wel. That's Scott Sinclair and Quansah of Liverpool too. Derek Adams and Joey Barton the managers? What a league.

Cole Stockton has been linked with us for ages as well, and I think that's ex-Manchester United's Donald Love.

2 hours ago, MurrayWell said:

The club have been making some really strange decisions of late, with what they are sharing and what they are not sharing. The list may not seem like a big deal to them, but when every other club is doing it, it's a really bizarre stance to take, if indeed this is a stance/tactic. 

When you add that to the whole not telling us about player and manager contract extensions the whole thing is just weird. I don't think it's to deliberately mislead, but it's just fucking strange. 

EDIT: Just to add to this, St Johnstone starting to announce players departing, couple of their cup winners, with a caveat of a full update being on the way, will probably just annoy folk further, given how long we've known what division we'd be playing in, in comparison. 

The sneaky extensions part was weird (I believe the SK one was so the Chairman and ex CEO didn't have to deal with manager change in the last part of their reign, well that's my tin foil hat theory) but the release list is fine. Their contracts probably run until 31st may, the season isn't officially over yet either. It'll come. They also want to tie up a player or two before saying who's doing what.

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Their contracts probably run until 31st may, the season isn't officially over yet either. It'll come. They also want to tie up a player or two before saying who's doing what.

Aye I think that's entirely fair, fwiw the release list isn't something I get overly bothered by. Just seeing a good few folk asking on social media now, particularly  as other clubs are publishing, and was puzzled by the chat from last Sunday of us basically just deciding we weren't going to publish it for whatever reason. 

You're probably right though, as I said before may have just been one of those silly season rumours, perhaps reinforced a bit by the recent communication issues. 

3 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Aye I think that's entirely fair, fwiw the release list isn't something I get overly bothered by. Just seeing a good few folk asking on social media now, particularly  as other clubs are publishing, and was puzzled by the chat from last Sunday of us basically just deciding we weren't going to publish it for whatever reason. 

Social media is a pox. 

There's probably a lot of context involved too tbf - if you're wanting to talk about Motherwell, on here or in real life, you're probably looking forward to next season and the list is fairly key to that. 

I can't imagine there's many people who spend the non-chatting-shit-about-football time of their day thinking about whether it was last Monday or next week.

There's probably a lot of context involved too tbf - if you're wanting to talk about Motherwell, on here or in real life, you're probably looking forward to next season and the list is fairly key to that. 

I can't imagine there's many people who spend the non-chatting-shit-about-football time of their day thinking about whether it was last Monday or next week.

13 hours ago, Alanos said:

Livi

Under Contract but Available for Transfer

David Carson
Mo Sangare
Miles Welch-Hayes

Is this a normal public announcement?  “We have asked the following contracted players to f**k off…

Havent seen that wording in other  squad updates. 

Moving away from the list for a minute, has anyone had any joy renewing season tickets online for themselves and linked kids tickets? The e-ticketing site only shows my own season ticket, even though my kids accounts are linked to mine as part of my network. 

Just wondering if there's a trick I'm missing to it before I call the ticket office.

1 hour ago, CoF said:

Is this a normal public announcement?  “We have asked the following contracted players to f**k off…

Bit odd but not surprising maybe with a relegated club? 

On our list, think I'd rather wait, as @Busta Nut also said probably until end of May, and have definites in there rather than 'offered a contract and under discussion'. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the deadline we've gave players.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CoF said:

I think it's more common in England.

Peterborough have a policy of effectively transfer-listing players going into the last year of their contracts. I'm fairly sure there are other clubs who take a similar approach.

https://www.theposh.com/news/posh-announce-retained-list

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, fat_tony said:

Moving away from the list for a minute, has anyone had any joy renewing season tickets online for themselves and linked kids tickets? The e-ticketing site only shows my own season ticket, even though my kids accounts are linked to mine as part of my network. 

Just wondering if there's a trick I'm missing to it before I call the ticket office.

I had different issues and I emailed them, they got back with everything resolved within 24 hours.

How does the Kelly going to Rangers affect the Euros.

If somehow Kelly managed to make the final team which team benefits from the club payment of a player? Assuming we are onto nothing as it's into June?

Just now, Blink182 said:

How does the Kelly going to Rangers affect the Euros.

If somehow Kelly managed to make the final team which team benefits from the club payment of a player? Assuming we are onto nothing as it's into June?

Think his contract ends after the euros, so we'd get the payments. I don't see him getting into the squad mind you. 

I’m still convinced Clarke will take 4 keepers, to avoid difficult decisions and noses out of joint. Jack & Doak seem the obvious ones to drop out.

11 minutes ago, Alanos said:

I’m still convinced Clarke will take 4 keepers, to avoid difficult decisions and noses out of joint. Jack & Doak seem the obvious ones to drop out.

Doubt it, Jack adds something to the Scotland squad, he's a different type of midfielder to the rest so unless it's for fitness reasons he'll be in the squad. Doak has a creativity that no one else has in the squad. I suspect he'll be in the final squad and get a few minutes in the same way Gilmour did at the last Euro's. 

The 2 dropouts will be Kelly and Souttar I reckon