Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Alanos said:

Saw them a few times. Brilliant live. Was also at an MTV show they recorded. One of the support bands was called The Testicicles. 😁

Dev Hynes band. Subsequently went on to do stuff as Blood Orange and Lightspeed Champion.

He's done bunch of production/writing work including this goddamn gorgeous beautiful song.

Edited by capt_oats

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Alanos said:

Saw them a few times. Brilliant live. Was also at an MTV show they recorded. One of the support bands was called The Testicicles. 😁

Also great:

Keeping it local, I'm still of the opinion that 1990s debut album Cookies is one of the finest indie albums ever made.

Edit to add:-

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Dev Hynes band. Subsequently went on to do stuff as Blood Orange and Lightspeed Champion.

He's done bunch of production/writing work including this goddamn gorgeous beautiful song.

Of course! I forgot he'd done that. I mean talk about a breadth of talent. 

Edited by well fan for life

34 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We're getting our Kelly money then. 

Delighted at how furious Hearts fans are going to be about this.

(Gordon will presumably still go as the 4th choice emergency option - just not part of the official squad)

15 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Delighted at how furious Hearts fans are going to be about this.

And so it begins...

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Craig Gordon with one leg is better than Kelly ffs 

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

I'd rather take Gordon in a wheelchair than Kelly.

5 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

If Craig Gordon was literally dead I’d still rather take him than Kelly. 

Not Hearts fans, to be fair. Yet.

I get their point but I didn't see anyway BOTH Hearts goalies could go. Clark is as shite as Kelly IMO and Gordon has played about 10 games.

7 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

And so it begins...

Not Hearts fans, to be fair. Yet.

To be fair - that could be from this thread mid-season

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I get their point but I didn't see anyway BOTH Hearts goalies could go. Clark is as shite as Kelly IMO and Gordon has played about 10 games.

Like most Motherwell fans who watched Kelly regularly, I assumed Gordon would get the nod. But I did think it was striking when the BBC had McFadden and Miller (I think) on for a game and they were asked about it - they weren't disrespectful to Gordon but basically both said there was no way he was going. You assume both of them know the dynamics...it's very hard to take a guy who has played about five games against top-flight opposition in two years regardless of how dodgy the alternative is.

As a Scotland fan it's a real shame for Gordon but he's 41 and clearly never recovered properly... professional sport is harsh.