Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

12 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Everybody forgotten about Moses?

Or Oli shaw?

The former, no. The latter, absolutely. But thanks for the reminder and also it's Oli FUCKING Shaw.

5 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Also that we were trying to sign a goalie who’s played in Scotland before(not Joe Lewis). 

You've caught me with this one!

A few names I quickly dug up on Transfermarkt:

Hladcky / Foderingham - too expensive I would imagine.

Jack Walton - Contract is up at Luton, played at Dundee United last season.

Edited by StAndrew7

12 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Walton isn't out of contract. Could be Mark Birighitti?

Birighitti is away back to the A League, by all accounts.

Even Ketts wouldn't back himself to get anything out of that signing. 

Walton is apparently going back to Dundee United too, would imagine on loan if he's not out of contract. 

10 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Hmm. I think that depends on Bair staying or going, now. If we sign Stuparević I'd rather we looked to bring in a wide-attacking player or two.

Kettlewell's first step when he arrived was to sideline the 23 wide players that Hammell had brought in. I've not seen anything to suggest he's going to change from wing-backs providing our width. He even tried to double up on wing-backs so they could play together and overlap/cover each other. 

26 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Kettlewell's first step when he arrived was to sideline the 23 wide players that Hammell had brought in. I've not seen anything to suggest he's going to change from wing-backs providing our width. He even tried to double up on wing-backs so they could play together and overlap/cover each other. 

It's hard to quantify what type of player you recruit to play in the two of the 3-4-2-1 formation. Last season we had strikers, number 10s, centre mids, wingers and even a left back in there. I would probably say that Vale and Nicholson could roughly be described as wide attackers in where they played and what they done last season.

We could also be flexible and have a plan B next season (tongue firmly in cheek)😆

4 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

To be fair you could fill a clown car with goalkeepers who have played in Scoltand before. Wrexham's third choice Mark Howard was in Paisley and Aberdeen for 4 years.

We really do need someone before Holland otherwise the bibs will need a backsie.

Edited by Vietnam91

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Kettlewell mentioned Sparrow is a midfielder the other day, if that's of any interest. 

He's also number 7 on the official site which suggests he'll either be a starter, or that we require stronger #numberpolis governance at the club. @Erik Barmackmissed a trick not having this in his manifesto.

7 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

To be fair you could fill a clown car with goalkeepers who have played in Scoltand before. Wrexham's third choice Mark Howard was in Paisley and Aberdeen for 4 years.

We really do need someone before Holland otherwise one team will need a backsie.

Hahah aye, I was just looking at free agents for now.

17 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

He's also number 7 on the official site which suggests he'll either be a starter, or that we require stronger #numberpolis governance at the club. @Erik Barmackmissed a trick not having this in his manifesto.

The website also still has Halliday as number 11. Outrageous if that's allowed to continue. 

9 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

This latter perhaps given MaGuire was 6 last year was he not.