Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Paton is clearly becoming a scapegoat for a very bad system. Davor was completely anonymous tonight and seems to be getting away with it.

We cannot afford to lineup with Paton, Halliday and Davor. Only 1 of them should play next to Miller.

The delivery from corners has been a great improvement, but we can't carry paton and halliday in the real games.

I'm not going to lose my shit over today, I see that as a standard banana skin.

Edited by rowsdower

6 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

The penalty shoot out was a novelty. Sods was my favorite.

Their goal was a very poor one to concede, but you could see it coming a mile away.

Shane Blaney is not a reliable defender.

It was a good finish from the Montrose player but a better defender doesn't allow himself to get turned like that.

3 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

But how many slices?

2, however if the gods are on my side and there’s only 3 slices of bread left, I’ll have it. Plenty of butter and cut diagonally.

7 minutes ago, TheMotherwell1 said:

Paton is clearly becoming a scapegoat for a very bad system. Davor was completely anonymous tonight and seems to be getting away with it.

We cannot afford to lineup with Paton, Halliday and Davor. Only 1 of them should play next to Miller.

Davor is the definition of a defensive holding midfielder, he got the ball and passed it to our team. I don't know what else you expect from him.. Paton tried incredibly hard, he was all over the place but his final ball is just not good enough. Though he'd have had a second assist if Robinson wasn't asleep.

Agree totally with your second graf - I don't think the problem is the players as such but if you play 3-6-1 with three primarily deep or defensive midfielders and Paton supporting your striker, you're in for a long, long day.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Davor is the definition of a defensive holding midfielder, he got the ball and passed it to our team. I don't know what else you expect from him.. Paton tried incredibly hard, he was all over the place but his final ball is just not good enough. Though he'd have had a second assist if Robinson wasn't asleep.

Agree totally with your second graf - I don't think the problem is the players as such but if you play 3-6-1 with three primarily deep or defensive midfielders and Paton supporting your striker, you're in for a long, long day.

The anonymous comment isn’t even me having a go at Davor. He wasn’t what was needed in that role tonight. Against better teams he will be more influential.

System done our midfield no favours. 

FWIW I thought Miller had a good game.

Only saw bits of the match tonight, but I wasn’t impressed*. Looks like another year of “plan A isn’t working, let’s try plan A”.

*I’m away with work and generally raging, so maybe just being crabbit. 

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

2, however if the gods are on my side and there’s only 3 slices of bread left, I’ll have it. Plenty of butter and cut diagonally.

image.jpeg.2100209d02963c7fa5bd67a228482557.jpeg

System is fucking chronic. 

Appreciate the extra midfielder in games where we need to win that battle and have less of the ball, but when we're dominating the possession we have absolutely nae cutting edge. 

Early days, so no point getting too worked up about things but we need another attacking midfield option. 

4 minutes ago, Ceiling Granny said:

Only saw bits of the match tonight, but I wasn’t impressed*. Looks like another year of “plan A isn’t working, let’s try plan A”.

Sounds like it eh? I do fear this is Ketts starting to overthink and be too clever again. Can only assume Frail is on board with this.