Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

45 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Not me. I reckoned “sarcastic disbelief” wasn’t enough of a skill in its own right, and I also live across just enough water to make attending meetings difficult. (Although this doesn’t seem to have stopped a couple of random Americans from throwing their Stetsons into the ring.)

@Vietnam91 isn’t hard to pick out of the field, though 😉

'Eye Tourettes' seems to be a thing. Apologies if if made anyone question if I need an intervention. Note to Self: Don't set a timer in the top right of your computer monitor. It's always a tough call to go to the safety of a script to get the whole message across or appear more comfortable speaking from the heart.

I'll throw my hat in the ring on here now too. I also checked Google Maps and it appears I can offer attendance and assistance beyond Zoom calls (see above why this may be beneficial). The main thing is the majority of candidates seeking election are capable, bring a good mix of talent, local and can demonstrate they acted to protect the club.

My main driver for applying is to ensure any roadblocks, slow walking or kicking the can down the road of true fan ownership do not resurface. Also happy to endorse Derek for re-election. Martin and Gavin will also get my other votes for the all the work done, with many others, in contributing to Our Club, Our Future. Still available on the WS website (Well Society Website - Our Club, Our Future). I was privileged to be asked to draft the Governance page (p17).

Please find the link to the presentation I cite in the text and video. Happy to engage with anyone and advocate for anything including the sizeable Asian cuisine lobby .... I will be your champion.

Society Season Ticket v1.0.pdf

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

Would normally never even consider taking the kids away to an OF game but the boy's have been badgering me to take them to this one because it's at Hampden.  65 quid for myself and 2 juveniles to sit in the middle of a big bowl of bile! No thanks.  Sorry boys but you'll just have to wait for us to get to a semi or draw QP away. 

Exactly what I was thinking, but f**k that. I’ll spend the money in the club shop next time I’m at Fir Park.*

*whilst complaining, again/loudly, about the cost of the kit and training gear. 

11 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Exactly what I was thinking, but f**k that. I’ll spend the money in the club shop next time I’m at Fir Park.*

*whilst complaining, again/loudly, about the cost of the kit and training gear. 

Aye not going to Hampden will set off the £55 I spent on the away strip last week and allow me to get in my token annual visit to Stirling Albion (#support your local team)

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

That's the voting open for the WS board election.

Video for the candidates here...

A lot of good people in there on the face of it. 

Three main take aways that have nothing to do with anything really:

- Greg has a dugout!

- Martin Grey having a grey video 

- David MacFarlane looks a bit like John Boyle.

Edited by eliphas

I used to think I would recognise most Motherwell supporters but it's obvious that years in the Phil O'Donnell Stand with only a few away games means I've been living in a bubble. Apart from Derek Watson, the only face I recognised was Colin Park!

Plenty of talented, willing people which is very encouraging. There could be comments on diversity but you can only vote for those that put themselves forward. 

3 minutes ago, eliphas said:

A lot of good people in there on the face of it. 

Three main take aways that have nothing to do with anything really:

- Greg has a dugout!

- Martin Grey having a grey video 

- David MacFarlane looks a bit like John Boyle.

I don’t believe David is any relation, but John Boyle’s daughter is one of the candidates. 

Just scanned the bios there and that really is an excellent group of candidates...it's a shame so many will have to lose but I hope whoever misses out continues to offer their skills and services on whatever basis works out.

12 minutes ago, DerekWatson said:

I don’t believe David is any relation, but John Boyle’s daughter is one of the candidates. 

Obviously takes her looks from her mother! (Sorry John!)😆😆😆

Edited by joewarkfanclub

I echo some of the above comments that there are some excellent candidates and it's a shame that most will miss out.

I hope that at least some of the unsuccessful candidates will assist the society on working groups even if not on the board because we clearly have some knowledgeable and experienced fans.

I'm not sure who will have my vote yet as it is a genuinely difficult decision but good luck @DerekWatson @Vietnam91 and any other candidates who are on here in disguise 

Really impressed with the calibre showing for election. I think the most pleasing thing Is there is Many boxes ticked in what they were looking for from business experience, HR, governance,Events, fundraising etc. across a few candidates 

challenge is actually narrowing it down to 4 for me as there’s prob 5/6 I think could strengthen us 

regardless of the outcome it looks like the society is in good hands

Just now, joewarkfanclub said:

Congratulations!

When does she get her Well Society membership? 😍😍😍

Give me a week or so, although she's already got her MFC teddy.PXL_20240713_130453550.thumb.jpg.f93ef3017c30ad0aa4f67bbb0ac6c395.jpg

I am standing for election. Not a frequent poster here for a long time - used to spend many a day on SteelmenOnline. 

Happy to answer any questions or take any slagging coming my way 😂

a great set of candidates to be fair, lots of great experiences in there.  Very pleased to see that, regardless of whether I’m elected or not! 

2 minutes ago, Gaag97 said:

I am standing for election. Not a frequent poster here for a long time - used to spend many a day on SteelmenOnline. 

Happy to answer any questions or take any slagging coming my way 😂

a great set of candidates to be fair, lots of great experiences in there.  Very pleased to see that, regardless of whether I’m elected or not! 

Are you on the video, and if so who are you?

8 minutes ago, Gaag97 said:

My name is Keith Crane 👍

You seemed very pro Erik Barmack's offer which would have nullified fan ownership. Have you changed your mind or have I misunderstood?