Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That sounds like a challenge to@capt_oats . Was he out near the right touchline?

He was a bit right of centre - but my main memory was the distance. It might not exist anywhere as I'm sure it would have been shown at some point.

28 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Seems we could also be in for the other striker Bristol Rovers were after. Highly highly unlikely given how many options we have now and signed a 6ft5 one yesterday however if we let go White I’d be all for having 2 big bas***ds up front causing it.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying that "Agent Ainsley" (with 265 followers and an Ainsley Harriott avi) is probably not a reliable Twitter account.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying that "Agent Ainsley" (with 265 followers and an Ainsley Harriott avi) is probably not a reliable Twitter account.

Well he can't really go galavanting round the Caribbean to fill my Saturday morning TV schedule so who's to say big Ainsley hasn't got a side gig touting centre forwards to ML1.

9 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Well he can't really go galavanting round the Caribbean to fill my Saturday morning TV schedule so who's to say big Ainsley hasn't got a side gig touting centre forwards to ML1.

happy GIF

In post-match Da' mode - but you'd have to expect that Seedorf doesn't see the 1st team again - and if Polworth fancies a move elsewhere, i'd be more than happy to see it after being quite a fan of his in his first season. 

If you want to impress the new boss - putting in a 5/10 performance and getting sent off for giving the ref verbals after he plays a decent advantage (about the only good bit of refereeing today) isn't going to help your cause. 

There are a few players that are getting a start that are literally the type that get teams relegated....

Smith promising, Kelly good, Mugabi makes me nervous, disappointed not to see Lawless, Polworth I don’t know, he is the only supposedly creative player in the middle, he hasn’t shown it and wants a fight, needs replaced.

Our play is too slow. Receive the ball and play it. Don’t look up, change your shape, try and beat a man and lose it.

If we are playing with a man wide get it out there, we only ever used Carroll which slowed things while he joined the play.

Disappointing.

Edit to add : I had already forgotten Seedorf’s part in this, no positive contribution.

Edited by ropy

Aye, Polworth can get himself so far to f**k after that today. Not entertaining that in a relegation battle.

He should really have been sent off in the first half, there was about three incidents in that coming together I’ve seen people sent off for individually. It wasn’t even that bad a challenge on him. Plastic hard man.

Also think there has to be question marks over why Alexander didn’t sub him at half time if he was still in that daft mood.

Smith did look handy, a big man able win the ball in the air and not give away a foul so that's promising if it lasts.

Major surgery still required on this squad and a defeat on Wednesday would leave us in real trouble.

There’s so much to say and be angry about but hearing 13 without a win hits hard. 2 massive games coming up and 6 points needed and anything less than 2 then we will be staring relegation in the face. Hopefully GA can bring in some players who can actually play football, majorly concerned especially with that today.

Hopefully Alexander has a better idea of who he can trust after today. Its understandable that he would want to give everyone a fair chance but that today should hopefully show him what we've been seeing all season which is a mixture of players who are either uninterested or not good enough.

Massive game coming up against County. Still a fair bit of the season to go but lose that and I can't see us finishing above 11th.

In post-match Da' mode - but you'd have to expect that Seedorf doesn't see the 1st team again - and if Polworth fancies a move elsewhere, i'd be more than happy to see it after being quite a fan of his in his first season. 
If you want to impress the new boss - putting in a 5/10 performance and getting sent off for giving the ref verbals after he plays a decent advantage (about the only good bit of refereeing today) isn't going to help your cause. 
There are a few players that are getting a start that are literally the type that get teams relegated....

I’m yet to see Polworth look bothered in a motherwell shirt.

He can’t cross (despite some thinking he’s great at it for some reason), constantly loses position and always looks as if he’d rather not be playing.

Thought Seedorf was good last week but lost possession far too many times today. Crawford and Campbell invisible in the middle, lost count of how many weeks in a row I could say that.

A lot of work still needs to be done. Wednesday is absolutely huge and I just don’t see us getting anything better than a point with our current squad.

Seedorf* is just a collection of shit decisions that lose possession of the ball. I didn't think he was up to much last week but he was actively terrible today. For all the ire thrown Hastie's way you've got to hope he's sitting on the bench wondering how he's not getting a game ahead of him.

*this autocorrect's to Seedier. Front two of Decanter and Seedier.

There are some positives to take from that game. Kelly was superb in goals and thank f**k we've found a good goalie as we would certainly have been relegated if we had to persist with Chapman.  Despite conceding a cheap goal, I actually thought we slightly shaded the first half, at the very least it was an even game. Smith looked an improvement on Jordan White based on his minutes in the 2nd half.

Polworth is getting a fair bit of stick and rightly so if he has said something to the ref to get sent off, but I'm not at the "get him out" stage that Twitter seems to have descended into. He's not been as good as last season but in my opinion he's been far from the worst. He still to me is a player that shows good touches on the ball and looks capable. A boot up the arse needed? Probably but there's still a very good player in there for me.

IMO we look like a team that just needs a bit of luck. Could have had a penalty in the first, we nearly scored when the ball "went out of play" where I'm not convinced it did and on another day Tony's shot doesn't bounce off the post straight into Lewis's arms. Once Polworth is off, it wasn't really going to happen and those are the kind of things that just aren't going for us at the moment.

Vital game against Ross County on Wednesday, but I'm glad we've got a game sooner rather than later.

All things considered, 1 point from the last two games playing against the runaway league winners and 3rd place team isn't a bad return, Wednesday's game is the kind of game where we need to start making things happen.