Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

While Spencer is the top fee paid, is Sean McSkimming the second?.

*Just checked £300k in 1994 is £610k today. Mad times.

Mitchell Van der Gaag?

12 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Is anyone else watching the game on ‘dodgy stick’ the Motherwell TV channel seems awful quality. But the Aberdeen one is perfect. Found our Well TV streams to be crap recently. 

It's alright for me - limited to 720p, but that's always been the case I think - watching full screen on a 24" monitor, perfectly watchable.

And they've got rid of the annoying knocking sound on the microphone, a couple of games ago.  (Thank feck!)

21 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Is anyone else watching the game on ‘dodgy stick’ the Motherwell TV channel seems awful quality. But the Aberdeen one is perfect. Found our Well TV streams to be crap recently. 

Mine's fine, had to revert to my phone when all my usual websites didn't have it listed

34 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

Mitchell Van der Gaag?

I'm in two minds as to whether we signed him for £400k or £650k. So either most or second most expensive signing. Bonkers signing fees in those days, particularly from Alex McLeish. £100k for John Hendry?

40 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

A website I use has links to several different streams. They all seem to be Red TV though 😭 Picture and sound is good, but lags every 2 seconds too :( 

5 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm in two minds as to whether we signed him for £400k or £650k. So either most or second most expensive signing. Bonkers signing fees in those days, particularly from Alex McLeish. £100k for John Hendry?

From memory he was 400k, 200k for Hendry and 150k for Andy Roddie...

21 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

We probably had marginally the better of the half chances with 11, never in it with 10.

But I'd probably have taken those three results if offered before KO.

Pretty much this. Had Ross C and St J won today it would have a much different feel to it. As it stands hard to see both or either team catching us. Still it would be nice to win a couple of games before the end of the season. 

22 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

3 clean sheets out of 34.

3 out of 34

Screenshot_20240427_170119_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4419fd434454c9362277694ce9cd758d.jpg

Clean sheet stats are only as good as the defence / revolving defence in front of you. 

Not standing up for Kelly really as he has been grim at times through the season but that doesn't really work for me as a stat to judge a goalie. 

12 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Pretty much this. Had Ross C and St J won today it would have a much different feel to it. As it stands hard to see both or either team catching us. Still it would be nice to win a couple of games before the end of the season. 

We'll win next week and so long as both County and St J don't do likewise that's that.

2 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Not standing up for Kelly really as he has been grim at times through the season but that doesn't really work for me as a stat to judge a goalie. 

Kelly played pretty well today tbf, he can certainly feel the loss of the clean sheet this time is on someone else's account.

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

We'll win next week and so long as both County and St J don't do likewise that's that.

Kelly played pretty well today tbf, he can certainly feel the loss of the clean sheet this time is on someone else's account.

I thought that as well to be honest - he stopped it being 3 or 4 and it wasn't his fault at the goal either - that on either the player losing the header, the set up with none on the post orcGinn being brushed aside and not running to the back post with Miovski. Bemused by the comment on the match thread from @Phillips455 that that was one of Kelly's worst games. 

Edited by eliphas

I don’t have the stats so could be wrong but i’d think Kelly has probably cost us points this season that could have got us top 6 in the end ? The shocker against Morton in the cup as well. Heard he is on ridiculous money for us but again that’s pure speculation on my part. I will be more than happy when he leaves in the summer 

14 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I thought that as well to be honest - he stopped it being 3 or 4 and it wasn't his fault at the goal either - that on either the player losing the header, the set up with none on the post orcGinn being brushed aside and not running to the back post with Miovski. Bemused by the comment on the match thread from @Phillips455 that that was one of Kelly's worst games. 

18 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Wouldn't bet on " we'll win next week". 

Was at Livi/ RC game today and Livi showed  great desire and no little ability in winning 2-0. 

They will feel they can win against a Motherwell team with little to play for and hope County and SJ lose again.

As for County!!! After beating Rangers they were unbelievably brutal. Offered nothing.

Most Livi fans of view that Obilye is coming to us. I hope not as he is pretty substandard.