Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

23 hours ago, Lex said:

Never thought I’d see Motherwell sign a 34 year old who can’t get a game for us, but here we are.

I am also ragin we're so bad we're signing diddy reserves

40 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Good to see we've moved on from guys who can't get a game at Livi to guys that can't get a game at St Mirren.

Do Accies have any players they no longer want?

At least we did not end up with a player that could not get a game for St Johnstone. 
We would have been going for a full house at that rate.

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

They're probably used to it by now but I like the idea of the social media team checking the Twitter mentions,  turning to each other and asking "who the f**k is Isaiah Jones?!"

I mean, fair play to the bold Isaiah. If nothing else he's made me entirely more relaxed about the Foley signing.

At least we did not end up with a player that could not get a game for St Johnstone. 
We would have been going for a full house at that rate.
To be fair I've never seen Foley play and he could be a decent enough addition. I get there's different constraints this year but last January we brought in Rolando Aarons and the year before saw the arrival of Gboly and Ross Mccormack (although the latter turned out to be pish).

It's hard not to be a bit underwhelmed by our signings this year.

12 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

To be fair I've never seen Foley play and he could be a decent enough addition. I get there's different constraints this year but last January we brought in Rolando Aarons and the year before saw the arrival of Gboly and Ross Mccormack (although the latter turned out to be pish).

I pretty much agree with this.

As I said in a post earlier I think Alexander and Lucketti have kind of made a rod for their own back by talking about bringing in players who will improve the team and the squad then signing up a 34 year old who's not getting a game for St Mirren and being honest probably won't be starting ahead of Campbell, O'Hara, Polworth and maybe Maguire.

I mean Kelly's an upgrade on Chapman, Lawless is an upgrade on Hastie/Seedorf and Smith isn't Jordan White but as you say, pre-window you had Robinson talking up previous January business and pointing to Gboly and Arrons. As you say I don't think anyone we've brought in so far look like that type of signing, again acknowledging that the pandemic is going to make things really fucking difficult.

Edited by capt_oats

So you never watched motherwell play St mirren last season some supporter you are.

Don't know what's happening this season but they used to train at Strathclyde Park and most of their players were based in west central Scotland. Maybe they're putting him up in North Motherwell. [emoji848]

Put players up in Hamilton, believe we have 4 staying there at moment. Lucky them....

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I pretty much agree with this.

As I said in a post earlier I think Alexander and Lucketti have kind of made a rod for their own back by talking about bringing in players who will improve the team and the squad then signing up a 34 year old who's not getting a game for St Mirren and being honest probably won't be starting ahead of Campbell, O'Hara, Polworth and maybe Maguire.

I mean Kelly's an upgrade on Chapman, Lawless is an upgrade on Hastie/Seedorf and Smith isn't Jordan White but as you say, pre-window you had Robinson talking up previous January business and pointing to Gboly and Arrons. As you say I don't think anyone we've brought in so far look like that type of signing, again acknowledging that the pandemic is going to make things really fucking difficult.

I think this signing is the  "...and the squad" part - and I'm fine with that. We've got a lot of games coming up and our options have looked massively limited recently - so signings like Foley make sense in that regard.

The club may be looking higher but our basic goal for the rest of the season is to match County and Accies from this point on. A proper rebuild will (as usual) be needed in the summer - and this is likely to be a big one..