Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I am wondering at what point Celtic fail in their attempts to get a central defender on loan or permanently and make an offer of £311.72p for our Captain and Scotland International Dec Gallacher. 

I will go for 10.55pm this evening. 

Any better guesses than that ? 

Just now, welldaft said:

I am wondering at what point Celtic fail in their attempts to get a central defender on loan or permanently and make an offer of £311.72p for our Captain and Scotland International Dec Gallacher. 

£23.50 + a multipack of Monster Munch + half a Mars bar for SOD & Gallagher. 

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The Scottish window ends at midnight, so make that 23.55.

Crawford signing is on more of the contract situations at the club rather than incomings, defo 1 incoming (no names or position) could be another which is a free agent so may not be tonight he’s signed, unless we are after others. Would he happy with Ethan Robson he’ll be in a far better team with us than the type of Dundee and clearly has or had potential which is still to be reached.

56 minutes ago, ropy said:

Having broken the world record that I didn’t know existed for the highest headed goal, surely Bevis should be going for the lowest, a chin in the turf diving header.  Nothing mundane.

He'd have to dig a hole to beat the current record holder, a certain Willie Irvine.

That Master video is great, a few faces make multiple appearances. Saw all my mates but didn't even clock myself once. What a great few days out the masters were. My only regret is missing the bus for the trip to the finals in Manchester cos I got pished the night afore. 

Manchester was something special. All that way for 10 minutes. We were beating Man U at one point or have I made that up?

The masters was a fantastic day out that the organisers love us for until we turned our backs at the OF games. We had our own section behind the goals.

The one after skippy Sunday was spent singing 1-0 and you fu*ked it up, which really annoyed 2 fans near us.

Then they screwed us at the last one we attended, announced we had to win by 2 clear goals. Got that and coasted, saving ourselves for the final but turned out it had to be 3 clear goals. Owen Coyle was not happy.

Their plan was apparently to sign Ben Davies... Who has just signed for Liverpool.

Surely, FUCKING SURELY, there won't be anyone on the socials having a pop at our board for not having a sell-on clause for Bad News Bowman? 

We done well to get money for him once. Let's no take the piss and try it get it a second time! 

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Yer man was at Dundee and scored in that 4-3 game.

On first thought was he not a midfielder who operated in a Polworth-y sort of area or am I projecting a bit because that's kind of what I think we need? @Ludo*1.

giphy.gif

He was dreadful for us. That was pretty much his only moment of quality. I wouldn't write him off entirely because he was joining a complete and utter shambles and was only a young lad.

He was meant to be the next big thing for Sunderland but the game passed him by pretty much every week. Had a nice touch and could pass it. I honestly can't say anything positive other than that though. He won't offer 'dig' that's for sure. I'd suggest he's meant to be someone that just keeps the ball ticking along in midfield and can show a little bit of class when things are going well.

Would not want him in a relegation battle.

Again, though, this post all has to be taken with a pinch of salt because he was a boy that had barely played first team football and was expected to help dig us out of a very big hole.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was dreadful for us. That was pretty much his only moment of quality. I wouldn't write him off entirely because he was joining a complete and utter shambles and was only a young lad.

He was meant to be the next big thing for Sunderland but the game passed him by pretty much every week. Had a nice touch and could pass it. I honestly can't say anything positive other than that though. He won't offer 'dig' that's for sure. I'd suggest he's meant to be someone that just keeps the ball ticking along in midfield and can show a little bit of class when things are going well.

Would not want him in a relegation battle and he was one of our poorer players that season beaten only by probably James Horsfield.

Again, though, this post all has to be taken with a pinch of salt because he was a boy that had barely played first team football and was expected to help dig us out of a very big hole.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would not want him in a relegation battle.

Cheers.

Tbh, "nice touch and can pass it" is a start. One of the main issues we've had this season is that between the likes of Campbell, O'Hara, Crawford etc we've got plenty of grafters but no one other than an at times wildly out of form Polworth to actually pass the ball (although Barry Maguire turned up in that role in Dingwall the other night).

Given the sort of window this is I'd be pleasantly surprised if we brought in anyone who's actually good but failing that an option who's a vague approximation of Polworth to bring on now and again (or fill in if he's suspended) would be nice.

As I say, the rumour itself feels like it needs a fucking truckload of salt as they're claiming Rangers have been "monitoring" him as well.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Surely, FUCKING SURELY, there won't be anyone on the socials having a pop at our board for not having a sell-on clause for Bad News Bowman? 

We done well to get money for him once. Let's no take the piss and try it get it a second time! 

You've posted that cos you can see it starting to happen already on some tweets. I noticed it too. 
Looks like it was caused by some fitba account having a guess we might have a sell on.