Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 caps for Ireland. Listed as a centre half or left back. 32 so brings experience but hopefully can still do a job. I assume he couldn't get a game for Crewe and I have to admit I'm starting to wonder if Alexander is under-estimating the Scottish game. A lot of these signings seem like squad players rather than improving the team which we really need to do to get us out this mess.

Both signings don’t scream exciting to me but it’s still essentially an upgrade on what’s here for 6 months. If I remember correctly Roberts was pretty decentish at ICT and ended up back down south and earned a move to Ipswich (championship at the time), he’s got ability but clearly not shown it in his last few moves but it is slightly baffling to sign someone who can’t get a game for hearts but if we signed him last summer we’d have been happy with it. 

Nolan isn’t a stand out name either but he’ll be pretty solid and looks a complete hard nut. I think we’ve got enough to beat the drop and build again in the summer, let’s just hope both players can make an impact over the course of the next 6 months and maybe longer.

He was Crewe player of the year in 2017 / 18. 

Unlike Roberts their fans on twitter seem upset and claim a bad injury (oh oh) held him back recently. But clearly they hold affection for him like we would Aldred or Hartley so that is plus for me. 

Still no news on any outgoings. We will need 4 buses for every game. 

No news on SOD. Hopefully not trying to sneak something in around midnight or afterwards. 

17 minutes ago, Desp said:

Re Roberts:

“He will give us options in the front line, being able to play anywhere across the front three."

Re Nolan:

“He can slot in anywhere across the back four, giving us good competition across all the defensive line.”

angry the punisher GIF by NETFLIX

Either very good at all or very sh*te in all 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

SOD STAYS!

I'm a bit surprised but not really but kind of am.

At least he made his mind up early,  no waiting till the last minute

Edited by ropy

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

SOD STAYS!

I'm a bit surprised but not really but kind of am.

At last. Happy with that. 

Not losing any of our good players is a huge plus.

The additions ? We have brought in 5 or 6 new players this window and we know Kelly and Lawless will be quite decent.  The others time will tell. Like the sound of Big Eddie however. 

Not sure any of our relegation rivals have had any better window to be honest. Here’s hoping anyway.