Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

That Master video is great, a few faces make multiple appearances. Saw all my mates but didn't even clock myself once. What a great few days out the masters were. My only regret is missing the bus for the trip to the finals in Manchester cos I got pished the night afore. 

That Master video is great, a few faces make multiple appearances. Saw all my mates but didn't even clock myself once. What a great few days out the masters were. My only regret is missing the bus for the trip to the finals in Manchester cos I got pished the night afore. 

That bus was bedlam.

22 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

And the first bit of random Twitter rumourmongering has arrived:

Yer man was at Dundee and scored in that 4-3 game.

On first thought was he not a midfielder who operated in a Polworth-y sort of area or am I projecting a bit because that's kind of what I think we need? @Ludo*1.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

There's Robbie Crawford signed on permanently until the Summer. Didn't see that one coming to be honest - I thought he might have been on his way back to Livi.

Maybe suggests we're not expecting Donnelly back too soon, or O'Hara's concussion is more serious like McHugh's.  

Edited by dezz

7 minutes ago, dezz said:

There's Robbie Crawford signed on permanently until the Summer. Didn't see that one coming to be honest - I thought he might have been on his way back to Livi.

Maybe suggests we're not expecting Donnelly back too soon, or O'Hara's concussion is more serious like McHugh's.  

I'm less surprised, in fact I was half-expecting it, given that Alexander seems to have been fine with playing him and, as you say Donnelly's injury and O'Hara having been McHugh'd means an extra body in midfield isn't the worst idea. If he'd been heading back to Livi I'd have expected us to have announced it after the County game last week.

As @Busta Nut says though he's tidy without necessarily being game changing.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'm less surprised, in fact I was half-expecting it, given that Alexander seems to have been fine with playing him and, as you say Donnelly's injury and O'Hara having been McHugh'd means an extra body in midfield isn't the worst idea. If he'd been heading back to Livi I'd have expected us to have announced it after the County game last week.

As @Busta Nut says though he's tidy without necessarily being game changing.

Aye you're probably right, he would have been away by now if that was the plan.

Similar to most others opinion, he's not a game changer but I'm happy enough to have him in the squad as another option. 

we are desperate for a right sided midfielder. 

We have guys who can play on the right of the "front 3" but we have no one to play right mid and do the defensive side of the wide player work. That suggests we're sticking with the 433 no matter what or we will play narrow when we have more than 3 in midfield. 
I don't like that we don't have a right sided midfielder (this is all assuming Lawless can play LM)

Not to mention we need a centre half. Mugabi is never the answer. 

Edited by Busta Nut

12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

we are desperate for a right sided midfielder. 

We have guys who can play on the right of the "front 3" but we have no one to play right mid and do the defensive side of the wide player work. That suggests were sticking with the 433 no matter what or we will play narrow when we have more than 3 in midfield. 
I don't like that we don't have a right sided midfielder (this is all assuming Lawless can play LM)

Not to mention we need a centre half. Mugabi is never the answer. 

That is sacrilege! Were it not for Big Bevis we probably would not have taken a MUCH needed 3 points last midweek.

In saying that he has shown consistently that he is never that far away from a brain fart. 

I am confident he will score v United on Wed night. Just got a feeling after that header. Might be worth a few £s on anytime goalscorer. 

I am a bit meh re Crawford. He has not done much wrong to be fair. But it does suggest OHara May be out for longer and Donnelly comeback may be delayed. 

I would imagine we would see some players leaving if Alexander wants a smaller squad. Then again if no one wants them...

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

That is sacrilege! Were it not for Big Bevis we probably would not have taken a MUCH needed 3 points last midweek.

In saying that he has shown consistently that he is never that far away from a brain fart. 

I am confident he will score v United on Wed night. Just got a feeling after that header. Might be worth a few £s on anytime goalscorer. 

I am a bit meh re Crawford. He has not done much wrong to be fair. But it does suggest OHara May be out for longer and Donnelly comeback may be delayed. 

I would imagine we would see some players leaving if Alexander wants a smaller squad. Then again if no one wants them...

Having broken the world record that I didn’t know existed for the highest headed goal, surely Bevis should be going for the lowest, a chin in the turf diving header.  Nothing mundane.

I'm happy enough with Crawford sticking around. If you look up "unspectacular" in the dictionary there's a picture of him but he's done a job and Alexander obviously sees enough there to keep him.

Hopefully 1 or 2 others join before the end of the day - ideally another centre back and a more creative midfielder. A few weeks ago I'd have added a striker to that list but Watt has been playing well and Cole has shown an eye for goal recently so I'm a bit less concerned than I was.

10 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Ethan Robson from Blackpool?

My only source being someone on Twitter said we’re looking at him so not very reliable.

Aye, it was mentioned a couple of posts up the page (via a different source). It seems a nonsense as they're saying Rangers are also interested.

I know little of him other than Dundee loaned him from Sunderland and he's now at Blackpool but I think he falls into the "Polworth alternative" category.

In former players chat...do we have a sell on for big Herbalife?