Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Did Gordon go from Hearts? If you're including Edinburgh teams as provincial then there's McGinn to Villa but he's the only one I can think of so your point stands. Sell-on clauses are massive for us, particularly if a player moves to England and his value shoots up.

Everyone else is provincial other than the Edinburgh clubs.

Here to help as always.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Unfortunately didn’t get much from Moult and Kipre, or Heneghan.

We got a decent wedge for Kipre I'd say, particularly as he was sold on for virtually the same price. Moult was relative to how long he had left on his deal and I say this with the greatest respect, but getting £400,000 for Ben Heneghan was roughly about £400,000 more than I thought we'd see. Couldn't fault him for effort or application, but I thought he was a very poor component of a struggling defence in the 16/17 season. Outpaced by quick strikers and outfought by strong ones.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.....

Thanks for the red dot Mr Brightside. I was expecting it. 

Although if you actually knew the full Oscar Wilde quote 🤷‍♂️

Announced on the Club twitter now too, which also confirms a new appointment has already been made and has been working with GA on summer recruitment. 

I guess this is the change in strategy that @Onthefringes hinted at a few weeks back. I really want to know who OTF is ....a bigger mystery than who 'H' was!

2 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Who will replace him? Will we find better or worse players? Is the silence deafening? Any decent sit in curry houses? 

As @dezz says club have announced. And also, as ever, fair play to @Onthefringes keeping things right.

“Martin and the club had decided to mutually part ways several months ago. Therefore, we have already appointed a replacement, who has been working with manager Graham Alexander on summer business. His appointment will be announced shortly.”

Link

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

We got a decent wedge for Kipre I'd say, particularly as he was sold on for virtually the same price. Moult was relative to how long he had left on his deal and I say this with the greatest respect, but getting £400,000 for Ben Heneghan was roughly about £400,000 more than I thought we'd see. Couldn't fault him for effort or application, but I thought he was a very poor component of a struggling defence in the 16/17 season. Outpaced by quick strikers and outfought by strong ones.

I meant in terms of a sell on which is part of the package 

6 hours ago, welldaft said:

Aston Villa could have offered us £5m and saved themselves some money. 

They could have but I think they might have been put off by the knee condition.

Whatever we think of Celtic they were very professional about the whole thing. And I think their medical team were a great help to Turnbull when they uncovered the issue. And they came through with around £3m they offered even after he spent a year on the sidelines.