Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

One of my pals pointed out that Jacob Blyth has been partying in Ibiza all summer with some Geordie Shore roasters which has given him another added reason to dislike him. As above again, whether Blyth actually features to get targeted by the Boo boys remains to be seen.

Interesting wee bit of interview with Robinson there. Obviously covers a lot of the same old, currently in negotiation with Moult about a new deal and there's an offer there for him if he wants it.

Described Hearts bid for Cadden as laughable and as suspected pointed out that he could leave at the end of his contract for more in development compensation. The bit that piqued my interest was that he quoted £600k as the potential compensation fee (depending on circumstances I guess). I've no idea whether or not he's just picked that figure out the air or whether they've sat down and worked it out but it'd seem to be the case that that's the minimum we're looking for.

Check the speed of that throw in

That won't do.
Our tried and tested technique of throwing the ball around a few players then having someone hold the ball while waiting for someone to move has served us well.

17 hours ago, BigTamMuller said:

One of my pals pointed out that Jacob Blyth has been partying in Ibiza all summer with some Geordie Shore roasters which has given him another added reason to dislike him. As above again, whether Blyth actually features to get targeted by the Boo boys remains to be seen.

Drug test then rip that contract up.

I really really hope we get Blyth so far to f**k.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of a player we've had who was a bigger p***k than him. And as I'm sure I've said before, he's complete dug shite at football as well.

Played 2 different outfield sides per half. Dembele absolutely strolled through the game. Of the 2 teams the second half looked much more comfortable IMO.

Griffiths had a couple of decent saves first half, very little to do in the 2nd. Carl McHugh made some difference in the middle of the park as well.

In the little we saw of either, dembele looked the more capable of him and kipre.

Smashing finish from Tuton who did little else.

Dom Thomas remains Dom Thomas. 

Shea Gordon would have had had about six but apparently we're oblivious to him running through the middle.

Ross MacLean is boss.

7 minutes ago, mjw said:

Steelmen online match thread for....

Had a quick look at it...

giphy.gif

The team in the first half had 2 trialists and 3 new signings...I for one am SHOCKED they weren't playing like a well oiled machine.

The 2nd half team had 1 trialist and 10 players who were at the club last season.

Aye, it was fairly obvious 5 mins into the 2nd half that the team was far more familiar and comfortable with each other and we should have ran up a bigger score with some of the chances we passed up. Really hard to take much from a pre-season kick about against that level of oppostion but a few quick things I took out of it..

•  Actually though Tanner looked decent myself, fairly quiet today but you could see he had an excellent touch and his delivery with his left foot was top notch. Felt he would have been more suited to a central role where we surprisingly played Maclean instead.
  • Wasn't a fan of Kipre, Dembele looked far more assured and didn't put a foot wrong but then again he wasn't exactly tested during that 2nd half.
  • Tuton didn't do much but the service he received was atrocious, like Gordon in the 2nd half a lot of his good runs were either ignored/unseen or wasted by an over hit pass. He got one half chance though and he took it well to be fair to him, absolute topper.
  • Will admit Rose looked fairly clumsy and Dunne has more than a whiff of Straker about him but to be fair to the pair of them they're both coming back from long term injuries and may need a bit more time to get up to speed than the others. 

Highlight of the day was seeing Jay and Busta from on here getting huckled out during the first half for storming the terracing behind the goal, outstanding work gentleman. 

Edited by Casagolda