Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Elsewhere, @RandomGuy. scopes out the latest xG statistics from the Bolivian fourth division...

agents_of_matrix-6922.gif

I actually thought I had a scoop as the dad of James Maxwell (Rangers LB) started following me and a rake of Saints accounts last week.

About 24hrs later we signed a different left back on loan.

Life comes at you fast.

Guest superward
2 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

The Greenock local paper seems to think that Morton have been in discussions about bringing Scott Fox back in on loan, and that it was all hindering on Kelly's deal being made permanent. So maybe Carson isn't going anywhere?

Doesn't make much sense to give Fox a year deal then loan him out though does it? 

Unless of course he got the deal on the proviso that if we got a couple of goalies in as planned (or one in and Carson stays) he would be loaned out with (you'd hope) Morton covering all the wages.

So covering our backs a bit. 

Edited by superward

6 minutes ago, superward said:

Doesn't make much sense to give Fox a year deal then loan him out though does it? 

Unless of course he got the deal on the proviso that if we got a couple of goalies in as planned (or one in and Carson stays) he would be loaned out with (you'd hope) Morton covering all the wages.

So covering our backs a bit. 

Maybe it's just an insurance policy for if we accidentally throw Stevie Hammell's Cursed Amulet about again. We have a serviceable goalkeeper available to us that's out on loan and is having his wages (at least partially) covered. If the curse strikes again we can recall him at short notice I'd assume. 

27 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Maybe it's just an insurance policy for if we accidentally throw Stevie Hammell's Cursed Amulet about again. We have a serviceable goalkeeper available to us that's out on loan and is having his wages (at least partially) covered. If the curse strikes again we can recall him at short notice I'd assume. 

I think that's it really.

I mean, obviously I don't know but having seen what happened with Charlie Dunne when we "invited" him to pre-season for a kick-about (and he subsequently signed for St Mirren because of course you'd take the concrete offer) on reflection probably the most straightforward thing to do would be to offer Fox the year and get him in for pre-season as it means we've got a couple of serviceable goalkeepers over the summer.

It could easily just be coincidence but Fox's new deal was confirmed after Charlie Taxi was announced as having taken up St Mirren's offer.

We've obviously had Tom King in for a while, who I assumed was lined up in case the Kelly thing fell on its arse and there's the possibility that big Dejan just likes following random players at Lanarkshire football clubs but it'd appear we've had a couple of extra keepers around the place along with Carson, Fox, Morrison and Connelly.

When you think about our general position as a club if another team came along and offered Fox first team football on a loan and that's what he wanted I doubt we'd stand in his way regardless of whether he'd just signed on for another year or not. It's a very different situation for a back-up goalkeeper compared to, say, Scott McDonald when Australian clubs were chapping us up.

Sort of related, Nixon's got King headed to Salford now.

Edited by capt_oats

If we can't get a Livi player then their kit will do.

It looks alright in the pictures, but it doesn't beat the previous Black kit that we had. Still it s a bit different and atleast it isn't paint just being slapped onto a shirt.

My instant reaction is that I *really* like that away top and I haven't liked any of our black kits in the past. It does have a West Lothian-y feel to it but I can live with that.