Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I saw a few Hull Twitter types saying it’ll be a permanent deal for Scott to St Mirren. That would be a huge financial loss for Hull and huge fall from Grace for Jimmy if he ends up at that midden.

Presumably our sell on is worthless

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

To be honest I have been underwhelmed by him bar a handful of performances. I also think he has been as woeful as most have been  in the League Cup games. In his defence he has less downtime since the Euros and it has showed. 

But I genuinely thought he had a very good game yesterday. He should have hit the target with his shot. But defensively he was solid and looked like an International right back. Hopefully more of the same rather than reverting back to last season. 

I don't think SOD completed a forward pass on Sunday. Back to Kelly or sideways.

I don't have any initial complaints about his defending which must be a decent thing

Edited by Busta Nut

39 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't think SOD completed a forward pass on Sunday. Back to Kelly or sideways.

I don't have any initial complaints about his defending which must be a decent thing

Your all heart ❤️ 

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Also managed to launch a throw in out for a goal kick.

24 minutes ago, Swello said:

Great quote from KVV about Sunday's game :lol:

That whole interview is great. He patched offers from England, Thailand and Azerbaijan to rock up in ML1...some boi.

“I would like to think I am different than other players. I want to be different, I don’t want to be a basic player and pass it sideways. I want to be entertaining the fans and getting them off the chairs from time to time and be creative.”

Link

"I had a lot of opportunities this summer, a lot in England and in a few tropical places as well. There were clubs in Azerbaijan and Thailand. They didn't really interest me at all – I still want to play in front of big crowds. Sunday's game was on television and that's something I want to do. I'm still ambitious and I want people to watch me. If I go somewhere far away nobody is going to be seeing me. So when the gaffer rang me, because of the connection we had from before, and because Motherwell is a very good club in the Scottish Premiership, I was very interested to come over.

"I know the gaffer from my time at Scunthorpe. He's very demanding, very clear about what he wants. He knows what to expect from me. He just wants hard work – for the team to get back in their shape and press from there. All the lads understand what he wants and I think the fans could see on Sunday, even though we lost, that's the style we're going to play this season."

Link

Lads, I'm all in.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

Mental to think it was only 18 months ago we were watching Christy Manzinga take 4 attempts to clear the ball. Honestly I don't think I've ever been so excited to see more of a Motherwell signing. Cannot wait until he scores goal of the season then gets sent off for sticking the nut on someone. 

If he can hit 75% of the level we saw on Sunday on a fairly regular basis, we'll be in a good place.

I can only imagine what he'll be like when Rangers and Celtic come to Fir Park as he doesn't strike me as someone who suffers from an inferiority complex

I've been disappointed that despite the idea being in this thread for about a year, that the Pakora Hut idea hasn't gained more traction. It's almost as if the Fir Park Powerbrokers haven't been reading this thread enough.

I love big Von Vain already. A mad b*****d of a striker is always a good thing.

It'll take some doing for him to beat Higdon by winning player of the year then getting lifted at the awards night but it's looking promising.

49 minutes ago, Swello said:

I've been disappointed that despite the idea being in this thread for about a year, that the Pakora Hut idea hasn't gained more traction. It's almost as if the Fir Park Powerbrokers haven't been reading this thread enough.

They are going to sign a guy called Pako Rahut and say it’s what the fans wanted.