Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, mwellhighland said:

Cheers Busta. I've sent them an email but assume they'll be away until Monday. Will phone then if no reply. Hopefully tickets will still be available! 

I am phoning them on Tuesday for this same reason.  Worst case I can travel on Wednesday to pick them up but not ideal, then again I will visit my mam so brownie points?

29 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Who’d have thought when we signed him that it would have been like this? Even if you ignored the st Johnstone fans, his track record at clubs wasn’t great but it definitely feels like he’s at the right club at the right point in his career. For me it’s the sheer effort on the pitch that impresses me. When you add in all the off the field stuff, he is just a great all round guy.

Today was a bit like some of last season's games - it wasn't working up front and he was the one that continually took people on and tried to make things happen. He might much prefer playing through the middle but I've got a sneaking suspicion that he can influence games more as a wide attacker. On the other hand, I think Van Veen is much better suited as an out and out centre forward and isn't someone you want chasing about wide areas making tackles. 

Slattery's goal has to be a contender for goal of season, let alone goal of the month. Lovely finish by Watt as well.  A brilliant opening and closing 10 minutes... a good win at the end of the day though. 

Just now, ropy said:

Toby’s dart from half way was awe inspiring but he had to release KVV, this would have resulted in the first scoop of the season.

Toby got a right earful from GA in the 2nd half when we were building an attack and he passed it all the way backwards

2 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Toby got a right earful from GA in the 2nd half when we were building an attack and he passed it all the way backwards

I laughed when Grimshaw did the same, the whole team in front of him and he punted it back 50 yards.

Today’s game was crying out for Carroll as a left back, McGinley has been fine but in games at home where we need to be a bit more proactive Carroll would have been the better shout, a good few times McGinley got into decent positions that I’m fairly sure Carroll would have done better in - he then may or may not have been sent off, but we’ll never know.

26 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
59 minutes ago, ropy said:
You could tell KVV was having a sub par game, didn’t get booked.

I had him to get booked at 7/1 as well. Typical.

He was at 7s?

That's getting bet every week

Do we no longer have a general sale for matches vs OF?

I get that it’s stricter to stop folk buying tickets in our end but you’d think a ST holder or someone with history of purchasing tickets for Motherwell would be able to get one.

16 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Do we no longer have a general sale for matches vs OF?

I get that it’s stricter to stop folk buying tickets in our end but you’d think a ST holder or someone with history of purchasing tickets for Motherwell would be able to get one.

Out of interest, why do you think we don’t?

Out of interest, why do you think we don’t?

Totally understand why we wouldn’t, and would rather we limited it to ST holders only, just wondering if that’s definitely the case or if I’m just missing something.

Incidentally my uncle doesn’t attend games vs the OF for obvious reasons so can get his ST, however, don’t think either me or my mate will pass as ‘over 60’ so wary about chancing it, we’ll see what it comes to.

Might phone the club during the week, explain the situation and see If anything can be done.

7 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Totally understand why we wouldn’t, and would rather we limited it to ST holders only, just wondering if that’s definitely the case or if I’m just missing something.

Incidentally my uncle doesn’t attend games vs the OF for obvious reasons so can get his ST, however, don’t think either me or my mate will pass as ‘over 60’ so wary about chancing it, we’ll see what it comes to.

Might phone the club during the week, explain the situation and see If anything can be done.

Where are you seeing the problem?  If you have bought tickets before you should be able to buy them again.  Why do you think you cannot, what am I missing?

Watt closely followed by Slattery were hands and shoulders ahead of most others today. The game went flat after our goal. Van Veen and Woolery were half arsed chasing balls, covering and GA was doing his dinger at them on the touchline.

Referee showed his inexperience (8 yellows in total) and it was evident little man in a high viz syndrome. However it was that that injected a bit of oomph into our game deep into the second half when he yet again failed to award a foul against KVV. Shame we needed it from that source.

O'Donnell tried to beat a man twice at least, failed and was easily dispossessed. When Carroll came on he was placed inside McGinley which makes me think GA rates his defences qualities higher. Certainly going forward, Carroll offers significantly more. We had a 3-on-3 break and McGinley did his best to single handedly erode any of the advantage. Felt there definitely was a confidence issue with him and Grimmy going forward that isn't there with Slattery.

Be surprised if GA in his team meeting on Monday, doesn't bring up intensity, effort plus an emphasis on consistency from one week to the next. We seem to be coasting on autopilot at times against the less quality opposition and find it within us to get up for Aberdeen and Rangers. Next three games are all potential top 6 opponents, how we pop out the other side will give us a good indication of how we'll fair this season.

Seat pieces pretty much all w**k.

Edited by Kapowzer

Where are you seeing the problem?  If you have bought tickets before you should be able to buy them again.  Why do you think you cannot, what am I missing?

I’m trying to buy one ticket, next to my seat for the Motherwell vs Celtic game on the 16th of October.

On the ticketing website, I sign into my account, which has my ST assigned as well as my purchasing history from other Motherwell games I’ve attended.

When I click on ‘buy tickets’ for the game vs Celtic I get ‘no seats available matching your criteria’. I went through all our home games listed and the only other one that says that is Rangers. I doubt the home end is sold out for both.

So I’m just asking, does anyone know if there will be any ticket sales for this game?

10 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

I’m trying to buy one ticket, next to my seat for the Motherwell vs Celtic game on the 16th of October.

On the ticketing website, I sign into my account, which has my ST assigned as well as my purchasing history from other Motherwell games I’ve attended.

When I click on ‘buy tickets’ for the game vs Celtic I get ‘no seats available matching your criteria’. I went through all our home games listed and the only other one that says that is Rangers. I doubt the home end is sold out for both.

So I’m just asking, does anyone know if there will be any ticket sales for this game?

I suspect there will be but you are right to phone them