Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Hard to say really. He played in the league cup games at the beginning of the season before he injured himself and we signed two new centrebacks. Have blotted out the memory of those league cup games so would be lying if I told you how he played.

38 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

what can we expect with this one folks?

Haven't seen much of him. A couple of League Cup games where he looked OK on the ball and not the source of the main shiteness of our group stage performances (h/t Steven Lawless)

So maybe you will be able to tell us about him in a couple of weeks.

37 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

We've only really seen him in a couple of Betfred group games early on in what was a shambles of a side before the season proper started, so not too much to judge on. Since then we've brought in a couple of experienced guys at the back who have been performing consistently well, and the young fella has had covid and injury to contend with too, so no real chances for him to get game time.

Going by the little we have seen, he seems like a good, positive character and there's potential there. Hopefully he shows it with you guys.

58 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Can only really echo what others have said, he was absolutely fine through the Betfred games. He showed up well enough, he's a fair unit and has a pretty decent grounding having played LOI and then on to Leicester's Academy.

I've said it before on this thread but it kind of feels like we signed him up to give us bodies through pre/early season as we hadn't got our main targets in the door and the competitive games had started. IIRC we only had Ricki Lamie available for centre half at that point.

Once Mugabi was back, Ojala and Solholm had signed up he's kind of been bouncing around as cover so at this point he 100% needs games and I guess us having signed Big Vic on a short term deal through the week enables that.

He seems a likeable big guy so hopefully he does QoS a turn.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly sure a Hearts side that's obsessed with data scouting, the English market, and getting value for money, will shell out for a 31yo CB who can't get a game for Aberdeen.

I agree, but with Halkett out for a while we could really do with a big b*****d who just stands in the middle of the box and heads it away.

9 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I agree, but with Halkett out for a while we could really do with a big b*****d who just stands in the middle of the box and heads it away.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That's probably more Mugabi than Gallagher tbf.

Especially if you're also at all interested in an occasional heads down Juggernaut-style mad rampage up the wing until he either runs out of park, or realises the ball has been left somewhere 30 yards behind him.

giphy.gif

Oh, and he can also apparently levitate in the opponents' six yard box, although he doesn't do that nearly often enough for my liking.

I’ve no idea what’s going on with our scouting system at the minute but I am all for it.
I’ll take the American who’s has spells in the lower tiers of Romania, Greece and Spain over some jobber from Harrogate Town or Grimsby any day.
We’ll need to get working on the #brandprofile though. He’s got 15 followers on twitter and it looks like half of them have followed in the last 15 mins haha.

I won't believe it until I've seen a highlight reel with shite music.

Not wanting to step on the Captains toes, as the highlights reel are usually his gig, but here you go. Music seems especially shite on this one too.