Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I like O'Connor.

I am surprised he's not been seen since the betfred. Don't think he did anything wrong.

He got 10 minutes at Livingston I think.  Is he only contracted for this season? This will be his opportunity to prove himself.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

As opposed to Bevis Mugabi 

He has been called Beavis on here before. But OK re-reading the quote I get it now.

Panic over - we are all on the same page.

Still a bit befuddled by this turn of events. Hopefully nothing in it. Arguably the most improved player from last season. 

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

He has been called Beavis on here before. But OK re-reading the quote I get it now.

Panic over - we are all on the same page.

Still a bit befuddled by this turn of events. Hopefully nothing in it. Arguably the most improved player from last season. 

It won’t happen but I would be looking for a large undisclosed fee if it did.

On 09/12/2021 at 17:48, Ludo*1 said:

Lamie is one of those players that are utter shite, but just seems to fall upwards throughout their career. Gary Mackenzie was one for us back in the day and kept falling upwards until he made the Scotland squad. Bizarre.

On 09/12/2021 at 18:14, well fan for life said:

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

I'll take your advice now. Brilliant CH. Always thought that.

5 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Right lads it looks like we have signed Ricki Lamie on a pre contract.. what's he like?

It would be nice if you could all pretend he is absolutely brilliant thanks in advance.

He's a quality left back. You should definitely play him there.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've signed Ricki Lamie on a PCA.

He's utter shite is he not? Ffs.

Depends which version you get.

His first 6 months he was murder but Alexander has turned him into a serviceable defender and I think most of us would have been happy to keep him around.

Tbh, it's not a massive shock. He's done well for us but it's pretty clear that ideally Ojala and Solholm are our first pick CBs if everyone is fit and Lamie seems to have wanted more game time and he'd always have been a back-up. I'd guess Dundee can offer him a starting spot.

The fact that his pal has fucked off to United made me think there was a fair chance he was off.

Farewell to the Bathgate Maldini.

Fwiw...this is peak Bad Ricki

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

It's been some turnaround from Lamie, I’ve gone from desperately wanted rid this time last year to being slightly disappointed by this news.

He’s hardly put a foot wrong when called upon this season but it’s obvious he’s 4th choice centre back and by all accounts he wasn’t happy at only being offered a 1 year extension.  If Dundee are offering first team football and more security then you can’t blame him for taking it.

Good luck to him. 

25 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Right lads it looks like we have signed Ricki Lamie on a pre contract.. what's he like?

It would be nice if you could all pretend he is absolutely brilliant thanks in advance.

He’s not Scandinavian nor a Ugandan Prince, what chance did he have?

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Culturally Scandinavian.

To be fair. 

When you visit the Bathgate Hills, bear in mind that the landscape you see now was once very different. Around 330 million years ago, West Lothian was situated close to the Equator in shallow seas on the edge of an enormous continent known as Euramerica. This continent included what is now North America, Greenland, Ireland, Britain and Scandinavia.