Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The club deserve a lot of credit for the pre match arrangements yesterday.
Opening an actual stand for everyone to meet and have a drink in was outstanding. The stewards on duty who'd obviously worked at other clubs said they'd seen nothing like it.
Same again for the final please.

I'll tell you what - nothing gets the seethe going like reading the pish that Brendan Rodgers is coming out with at the moment. Talking about players "lives being in danger" and naming Aberdeen and Motherwell players. Maybe the sanctimonious w**k should be made to sit through a Scott Brown highlights reel before he takes the moral high ground.  

We've had Brendan and Pedro piling on in a standard OF circle jerk, I'm looking forward to Neil Lennon completing the set in his presser before Hibs play us on Sat. 

Just read that.
Pathetic.
Aa you say Scott Brown no angel, neither is Gordon with his karate kicks, then you had an utterly excessive challenge from Simunovic.
You can point to examples from every team.
The general point of the ref stopping play for head knocks is correct, but no need to name and shame other teams/players.
I quite liked Rodgers, but he's starting to become a bit of a gobshite tbh and starting to reek of self importance

Yep, the irony in Rodgers' comments is incredible, considering he manages Brown, Lustig, Simunovic and the Karate Kid in goals.

I'm only just getting over Rodgers mentioning, with a straight face, the financial gulf between Celtic and the teams they face in the Champions League.

For him to try and get a player from Motherwell suspended for the Final, shows him up to be a real c**t.

59 minutes ago, Richie said:

Just read that.
Pathetic.
Aa you say Scott Brown no angel, neither is Gordon with his karate kicks, then you had an utterly excessive challenge from Simunovic.
You can point to examples from every team.
The general point of the ref stopping play for head knocks is correct, but no need to name and shame other teams/players.
I quite liked Rodgers, but he's starting to become a bit of a gobshite tbh and starting to reek of self importance

Couldn't agree more. The idea that a player getting a bloody nose from a forearm or elbow is something that only happened in the 80's is genuinely bizarre - it's commonplace. 

I would imagine that our bookings for "excessive force" (or whatever a dirty foul is officially called) would not be any worse than average in our league but the narrative now is that we're the dirtiest team in the country - which will not help us...

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Couldn't agree more. The idea that a player getting a bloody nose from a forearm or elbow is something that only happened in the 80's is genuinely bizarre - it's commonplace. 

I would imagine that our bookings for "excessive force" (or whatever a dirty foul is officially called) would not be any worse than average in our league but the narrative now is that we're the dirtiest team in the country - which will not help us...

If Transfermarkt is anything to go by we're joint bottom of the disciplinary table alongside "big, physical Hearts". However that's kind of skewed a bit with the St Johnstone game where we had 3 players sent off (though Dunne's was subsequently rescinded). In that game McHugh was sent off for a 2nd yellow, Carson's presumably for denying a goalscoring opportunity and Dunne was a straight red after Cummins blatantly dived.

The only other red we've had this season was Dunne's denying a goalscoring opportunity against County in the LC.

So in line with what you're saying, we've not actually seen a player sent off for "excessive force" thus far. I'd imagine that's in the post now though.

In terms of bookings we're fairly average, 18 yellow cards which is equal with St Johnstone and Dundee but less than County, Thistle and Hearts.

Edit:

59ef0e198cd66_ScreenShot2017-10-24at10_54_01.png.3425cd3f17c5e64e6ef349ff46cb2326.png

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

45 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

If Transfermarkt is anything to go by we're joint bottom of the disciplinary table alongside "big, physical Hearts". However that's kind of skewed a bit with the St Johnstone game where we had 3 players sent off (though Dunne's was subsequently rescinded). In that game McHugh was sent off for a 2nd yellow, Carson's presumably for denying a goalscoring opportunity and Dunne was a straight red after Cummins blatantly dived.

The only other red we've had this season was Dunne's denying a goalscoring opportunity against County in the LC.

So in line with what you're saying, we've not actually seen a player sent off for "excessive force" thus far. I'd imagine that's in the post now though.

In terms of bookings we're fairly average, 18 yellow cards which is equal with St Johnstone and Dundee but less than County, Thistle and Hearts.

Edit:

59ef0e198cd66_ScreenShot2017-10-24at10_54_01.png.3425cd3f17c5e64e6ef349ff46cb2326.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Great presser and just what I wanted to hear. Robinson - by the medium of actual *facts* debunks all the cynical pish about Bowman being a dirty player - whoever prepared the stats for him, did a good job.

Also loved the snippets that everyone at the club, not just the players, got a small bonus for us getting to the final - and also that the players don't want to bother with cup final suits and all that pish. Both of these point to the sort of attitude that exists at the club now - absolutely spot on.

I'm in no way saying we'll go and outplay Celtic in the final and win comfortably. But if any manager from recent times was going to get us to shithouse our way to a result, I'd back Robinson over anyone else you want to name. His attitude is absolutely spot on, and you can see how much the players have bought into it since the start of the season. 

Fucking hell lads we've uttterly rattled Rangers [emoji38]
DM6qtpmXkAAFBnm?format=jpg&name=large

It's not even been 12 months since one of their players started punching Steven Anderson for absolutely no reason. Brass necked fuckers

It really is fantastic to see them slowly come to terms with the fact that they're an utterly irrelevant nothing club.  Referees and stewards turning a blind eye while our players batter theirs on the pitch and our fans set off smoke bombs, all while one of our club employees commentates as we pap them out the cup. Motherwell are the establishment now and there's nothing you can do other than drink it in. 

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil