Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The interview with Cadden that's just gone up is pretty good too. I'm hugely enjoying the fact that we seem to have a group of players who apparently just enjoy bodying whoever the opposition is. We may not win but we'll compete and see what happens. There seems to be a genuine don't give a f**k attitude around the team, it's brilliant. Journalists trying to make a thing about the physical approach and rather that be rattled by it our response really just seems to be "and...?".

It's an absolute world away from this sort of chat we'd get from McCall. Forelock tugging pish.  A team sitting top of the league aren't the favourites going up into a game against a new club in the 3rd division.

Edited by capt_oats

Another good interview - he's the most enthusiastic person ever.

I guess the best way to deal with all this manufactured hysteria over the "physical" stuff is to embrace it and not be embarrassed about it. It is interesting that we play games every week and no other manager has made anything negative of it (probably as it would ask uncomfortable questions about how their team can't handle a battle). I think it's becoming useful actually - in the build up to the Rangers game, they talked about nothing else and at the weekend, Aberdeen completely (and fairly disastrously as it happened) changed their approach to accommodate ours - and if Celtic do the same, that can only be good. 

I saw someone mention on Steelmen something that I had thought too - namely that Hartley being wheeled out twice in a row at the same stage in the build-up wasn't an accident. Last time he was challenging Morellos to a square go and this time, he was telling people to go and play basketball if they don't like contact - and it all helps if we want people to assume that they are in for a kicking match and to ignore the other aspects to our game...

16 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

"Well fans II" on Facebook.

I got banned from there for some reason.

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I'm hugely enjoying the fact that we seem to have a group of players who apparently just enjoy bodying whoever the opposition is.

Me too, It's fucking great that they don't even flinch when it's mentioned in a negative way.

40 minutes ago, Desp said:

So, as expected, Les really has no intention of asking for his money back.

Good lad.

I get the impression that it'd be a different story if we weren't meeting obligations or making a go of the WS side of things but since the fan-ownership thing became official it's been sink or swim but the "model" seems to be working for the most part.

I'm loathe to say "it's not like he needs the money" but...it's not like he needs the money. In that respect it'd be daft on his part to be difficult or an impediment especially given he stepped away a year into a 5 year plan. It kind of comes across as him playing along. We're doing our bit in so much as we're making the model work so he's doing his bit in return by incentivising fans to put money in and get involved and him writing off some debt. I'd imagine this extension would be pretty helpful in light of our extra investment in infrastructure re: Project Brave tbh.

It'll be interesting to see whether we can actually turn a profit this year (for the first time since the 10/11 season).

Edited by capt_oats

We've struck gold with Les when you see some of the scumbags involved in the game. He might have ruffled a few feathers with his straight talking at times but the changes at the club since he became involved are unbelievable.

Paul Lawson on his farewell traipse around the ground after his last game in Dingwall absolutely bawling his eyes out was one of the most emoshe staggies moments I can remember. Throat lumps all round. Cracking player too, Motherwell never saw the best of him. 

Actually popped in to wish you luck on Sunday, not to eulogise about Paul Lawson. So good luck on Sunday. Celtic are a great side but they showed frailty against us and they can be beaten if you get stuck in. 

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Motherwell going baws oot with the social media #content

(I know this should probably be in the thread in the Cups forum but meh...)

In the same vain here is a fan made one that's been floating around.