Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

That's Laura Brannan away. I can only assume that is Graham Alexander's fault and we will be replacing her with a photographer from Salford. 

Would be funny if we started playing well again and didn't have a media team to cheese it up.

18 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

That's Laura Brannan away. I can only assume that is Graham Alexander's fault and we will be replacing her with a photographer from Salford. 

Would be funny if we started playing well again and didn't have a media team to cheese it up.

Does this mean we get instagram goals from TV gantry's from now on?

4 hours ago, Gallus Numpty said:

It doesn't cost us if we never had it and never budgeted for winning it.

The club might be cautious but they also have have to be realistic - they will have a plan for with and without the cash and in the circumstances I seriously doubt they'll just shrug it off like that.

Good luck to LB, the media has been strong for a while but definitely has been a bit stale recently and needs a fresh start.

5 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

The club might be cautious but they also have have to be realistic - they will have a plan for with and without the cash and in the circumstances I seriously doubt they'll just shrug it off like that.

Good luck to LB, the media has been strong for a while but definitely has been a bit stale recently and needs a fresh start.

Agreed, it's became easy and fashionable on here to bash the media output but I really like it  in the main(little tag lines aside) and it's miles better than it used to be and usually miles better than any other club I dip into too. A wee refresh isn't a bad thing though.

29 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Clocked this on the St Mirren Thread.

This doesn't help his case.

441630259_Screenshot_20220725-091549_BBCNews.thumb.jpg.616852b63e659675ef7026552350a740.jpg

Pretty selective that wee snippet from the BBC there. A few lines later:

"You don’t want to take away the emotion – the essence of football – because that’s what makes it the No.1 sport in the world.  

“Everyone is so emotionally involved in it and you don’t want to dilute that.  "

11 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Agreed, it's became easy and fashionable on here to bash the media output but I really like it  in the main(little tag lines aside) and it's miles better than it used to be and usually miles better than any other club I dip into too. A wee refresh isn't a bad thing though.

The Inside Motherwell stuff is great. Some of the wee camera angles for goals are magic. The Donnelly vs Morton one looked like it was straight out of Ted Lasso. 

However sticking a camera into someone's coupon 10 seconds after the final whistle when we've just been absolutely fucking battered by someone for the 10th week running is brutal. 

17 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The Inside Motherwell stuff is great. Some of the wee camera angles for goals are magic. The Donnelly vs Morton one looked like it was straight out of Ted Lasso. 

However sticking a camera into someone's coupon 10 seconds after the final whistle when we've just been absolutely fucking battered by someone for the 10th week running is brutal. 

I think this sums it up for me. Our social media has been excellent overall, has rightly won a lot of plaudits and you can see other clubs trying to emulate/catch up with what we've done, which is probably the best compliment. Basically, we've come on quite a bit from Twist n' Pout and I think it would be a churlish to ignore that even if you don't like the personalities involved or if the goal highlights are unwatchable gash :)

What has been interesting to me has been having the main players in the media team not being 'Well fans (I'm assuming in most clubs of our size, their media people are also supporters). I don't think it's been a huge deal but it has led to some more tone deaf stuff that can have the opposite effect to what was intended and there has always been a whiff of "we know best" when it comes to that stuff.

When we're in the midst of an extended shitey run - having the equivalent of your Auntie's Facebook motivational jpeg of the day greeting you on a Monday morning is a perfect way to keep everyone raging for a couple more days and probably isn't an approach that someone who "gets it" would do on an on-going basis. Finding a way to do this better would be a good thing for the new people to look at.

The post-match in yer face interview is for me an example of something that is interesting for the media people to do (and put in the showreel) but I can't remember it ever being even vaguely interesting win or lose (although to be fair that might be because I've usually been at the game and it's maybe aimed at folk that aren't there).

I think the challenge now is to refresh the template that we've been using for a while - looking forward to see what happens (My suggestion is to put a Fact Check logo on screen every time GA is asked about injuries in his presser).

51 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Is the "awful attitudes" bit in reference to folk calling out her opinions on Che Adams and the Player of the Match rant? 

Not only that but her opinion on stuff during Covid lockdown was pure heads gone lunatic stuff. She pretty shadily used a friends family member to suit her argument too.

Edited by Busta Nut

Seriously. I enjoyed it. Maybe not the managers interviews and that but that's do do with the participant. The Inside Motherwell stuff was great.

Separate the art from the artist n all that.

Off topic, but I hate the pie and bovril mobile website. I’ve never been on here on a laptop etc before. I only ever really look at the participated bit of the p and b app and then on that Tapatalk when the iPhone app disappeared. Has anyone found a better way yet?

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Off topic, but I hate the pie and bovril mobile website. I’ve never been on here on a laptop etc before. I only ever really look at the participated bit of the p and b app and then on that Tapatalk when the iPhone app disappeared. Has anyone found a better way yet?

If its any consolation the desktop version has been going down regularly for a week or so now