Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Let's cut through all The Bull Sh*t. 

Our CEO leaves MFC (incidentally the team he massively supports) 

He was obviously unhappy with how things were developing over time and probably had enough. 

Other clubs would be aware and I believe he has been tapped (unless he had a brain fart and he was quitting without alternative employment - but I 100% don't believe.)

Lead up:

GA was eventually mutually terminated from his position. But, it took a long time to materialise. Was that down to splits in the board to keep or jettison? But, who was really happy with the formations and performances.  Players were clamoring to leave and move on PCA. Unfortunately, better players than those now currently playing week in and out. GA looks to have ripped the heart out of the previous squads with his methods and ideologies. 

Was the board unanimously in favour of SH to come in and hit the ground running? Or was it an attempt to try recreate The Motherwell Way.

Seems we lost our togetherness since Las etc left the building. 

Fir Park doesn't look a happy place at the moment and it seems to have spread throughout the whole fabric of The Club. 

Time for the bull shi**ing to stop, arses kicked and some leadership from the top. 

If not, the consequence is a long period in the lower leagues. 

These next 2 weeks are pivotal. 

Edited by Well Fan

I know I'd mentioned the other day about previous managers and their league runs before being emptied and suchlike I just noticed that Hammell's current run of 1 win in 15 is equal to the wheels coming off under Alexander at the start of last year but also that Alexander actually picked up more points in that run (9) than Hammell has (7).

Also, in terms of actual minds being blown - Hammell's now 2 (TWO) wins in 20 (TWENTY) league games.

We've won 2 league games since August.

Very much raking over old coals, preaching to the choir etc but also...fucking hell. It's legitimately nuts that he's still in position.

Alexander's last 20 league games = 21 points

Screenshot2023-02-10at09_56_53.thumb.png.7799753a3aeb6d6de3cc378090c4ea32.png

Hammell's last 20 league games = 11 points

Screenshot2023-02-10at09_55_00.thumb.png.7ba61cde7e401cae405a911c5960bf99.png

Edited by capt_oats

28 minutes ago, Swello said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What's that you say? "Experienced" Chief Executive of a fellow "Fan Owned" club? And a former player to boot?

With the clownshoes sort of decisions we've been making recently Britton was precisely the sort of idiotic appointment that would came to mind tbh.

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

What's that you say? "Experienced" Chief Executive of a fellow "Fan Owned" club? And a former player to boot?

With the clownshoes sort of decisions we've been making recently Britton was precisely the sort of idiotic appointment that would came to mind tbh.

Why would he be an idiotic appointment? Not that I'm especially eager to have him but I don't see why he's be laughed out of court (pun intended!) either.

17 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Why would he be an idiotic appointment? Not that I'm especially eager to have him but I don't see why he's be laughed out of court (pun intended!) either.

I'm not sure we could afford the legal fees from everyone he threatens to sue.

7 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm not sure we could afford the legal fees from everyone he threatens to sue.

I guess being a bit trigger happy the nature of lawyers...fair enough, I was just surprised at such a strong reaction to someone who would superficially tick lots of boxes.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I know I'd mentioned the other day about previous managers and their league runs before being emptied and suchlike I just noticed that Hammell's current run of 1 win in 15 is equal to the wheels coming off under Alexander at the start of last year but also that Alexander actually picked up more points in that run (9) than Hammell has (7).

Also, in terms of actual minds being blown - Hammell's now 2 (TWO) wins in 20 (TWENTY) league games.

We've won 2 league games since August.

Very much raking over old coals, preaching to the choir etc but also...fucking hell. It's legitimately nuts that he's still in position.

Alexander's last 20 league games = 21 points

Screenshot2023-02-10at09_56_53.thumb.png.7799753a3aeb6d6de3cc378090c4ea32.png

Hammell's last 20 league games = 11 points

Screenshot2023-02-10at09_55_00.thumb.png.7ba61cde7e401cae405a911c5960bf99.png

I think the thing that's kept Hammell in place until now really has been three fold (I don't buy the club legend thing):

- We genuinely haven't been that far away in a lot of games. Which kept breeding hope that 'next week would be the week'. Turns out it was not. Ever.

- We had that really tough run of games which the majority of us have him a bit if a pass for.

- The world cup break. If we'd played and lost through all of that time, which we likely would have, I think he'd have been gone by now.

Feels like he will be gone after Safursay or mid week though to me.

31 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

In short, you really only need to look at his role in the “civil war” at Thistle to get an idea of why he maybe wouldn’t be a great hire.

7 minutes ago, Al B said:

I'd imagine he's probably still annoyed that Scott McDonald didn't square it.

I'm sure there's a quote kicking about somewhere with him saying he's glad McDonald never squared it because he's that much of a Sellick fan he'd have found it hard to bring himself to tap it in.

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'm sure there's a quote kicking about somewhere with him saying he's glad McDonald never squared it because he's that much of a Sellick fan he'd have found it hard to bring himself to tap it in.

😂 Aye that's probably closer to the truth!

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In short, you really only need to look at his role in the “civil war” at Thistle to get an idea of why he maybe wouldn’t be a great hire.

Aye, I must admit I don't follow the inner workings of thistle in detail. Was it him who sparked it or has he just found himself having to pick one of two sides battling over the fan ownership thing?

With is at least established in that regard you'd hope it's not an issue at FP for whoever is next.