Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

26 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Bring him home.0_Motherwell-FC-v-Dundee-United-Cinch-Scottish-Premiership.thumb.jpg.d0945430b794d432b73d6c5dc407512a.jpg

A fit and energetic Moult beside KVV in this formation …. Man … I genuinely think their styles would have worked very well together. What a threat that would have been. 

18 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

A fit and energetic Moult beside KVV in this formation …. Man … I genuinely think their styles would have worked very well together. What a threat that would have been. 

Aye I was obviously joking about bringing him back, but I think there was enough in that Hearts game etc to show that Hammell wasn't completely deluded in trying to make it work.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye I was obviously joking about bringing him back, but I think there was enough in that Hearts game etc to show that Hammell wasn't completely deluded in trying to make it work.

Tbh, I don’t think you will be far off the mark with it being revisited for a 3rd time in the summer. 

I believe the injury that was causing him problems has been identified and rectified. He was looking to work his release from Burton and is getting back into a good shape. 

A pay as you play deal next season might work for both clubs to prove fitness. I’ve heard he would walk across glass to come back to the club.    Not a good idea for him mind you as would get injured for sure if he did….

3 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Tbh, I don’t think you will be far off the mark with it being revisited for a 3rd time in the summer. 

I believe the injury that was causing him problems has been identified and rectified. He was looking to work his release from Burton and is getting back into a good shape. 

A pay as you play deal next season might work for both clubs to prove fitness. I’ve heard he would walk across glass to come back to the club.    Not a good idea for him mind you as would get injured for sure if he did….

:lol: please don't do this to me.

20 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Our top 6 hopes continue for another week atleast.

Aye, probably not gonna happen but it's a bit of fun for at least another week considering we were all convinced a few months ago that this was finally the season.

With Dundee United and Celtic to play, the best we can realistically hope for is 4 points. We then need Livi picking up no more than 1 point and Hibs 0 points from the next two games.

Hibs - Hearts (h) and St Johnstone (a)

Livi - St Johnstone (h) and Dundee United (a)

Hibs have lost the last 4, conceding 12 and Livi the last 2 conceding 6 so both are kinda shite just now, however they're coming up against three equally shite teams in Hearts, St Johnstone and Dundee United. One of them, somewhere, should pick up that point. 

If it goes to the last game, even if we need 3 points, then f**k it - I'm gonna go to Parkhead for the first time in years. 

18 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

I’ve heard he would walk across glass to come back to the club.    

Is that the same glass his knees are made from? 

(Felt a bit snide typing that. Sorry Louis.). 

5 minutes ago, CoF said:

Aye, probably not gonna happen but it's a bit of fun for at least another week considering we were all convinced a few months ago that this was finally the season.

With Dundee United and Celtic to play, the best we can realistically hope for is 4 points. We then need Livi picking up no more than 1 point and Hibs 0 points from the next two games.

Hibs - Hearts (h) and St Johnstone (a)

Livi - St Johnstone (h) and Dundee United (a)

Hibs have lost the last 4, conceding 12 and Livi the last 2 conceding 6 so both are kinda shite just now, however they're coming up against three equally shite teams in Hearts, St Johnstone and Dundee United. One of them, somewhere, should pick up that point. 

If it goes to the last game, even if we need 3 points, then f**k it - I'm gonna go to Parkhead for the first time in years. 

Same with me. Just taking it by the fixtures right now since its all out of our hands  we just have to keep playing to our best.

It would be he first old firm away game in a while that has potentially mattered? We've not been that bad against celtic (apart from the league cup game) so who knows.

Edited by Phillips455

There's no way we're making the top six - as we all know - but even taking a theoretical chance into the Celtic game would be a right giggle.

My main priority is scrambling the couple of points to confirm safety asap though - if it's 0-0 with 10 to go next week and we're bombing forward recklessly I won't be impressed!

So...despite having lost more games we're now on the same points as last season after the same number of games.

For context we were 13 points down on last season when Hammell was emptied (tables in the spoiler).

What a carry on.

Screenshot2023-04-09at14_46_01.thumb.png.6668c0013198aacf800f65b345332a12.png

Screenshot2023-04-09at14_45_04.thumb.png.f149cef9a5596dc50e27c7b6298efb4d.png

Spoiler

Here are the tables for this season when Hammell was binned vs last season.

Screenshot2023-04-09at15_01_00.thumb.png.8a537478ab0067c2fc91db09055457b7.png

Screenshot2023-04-09at15_02_02.thumb.png.a7445f280247764a3f73f41945de323d.png

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Need to enjoy Van Veen while we can.

No way a 22+ goal a season striker for Motherwell isn’t going attract attention. 

Even more wild this 20+ season has 7 games left and also included 7 points from 51 right in the middle of it.

In recent times, Higdon and Sutton got their hauls in successful teams that consistently won.

Did Kettlewell sign an 18 month gig?

25 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Did Kettlewell sign an 18 month gig?

He did, aye - well, until the end of next season anyway.

That seems to be our standard 1st contract for managers. Hammell signed his deal until the end of next season, Robinson's initial contract replacing McGhee was until the end of 17/18, McGhee was until the end of the 16/17 season when he replaced Bara.

Alexander's wasn't announced in the press release but I'd assume that's what he got as well. Which, if true and without retreading old ground, would have meant he'd have had around 4 months remaining when he signed his extension in January last year (which tbh is an entirely reasonable point to sort that out given his form through 2021).

Edited by capt_oats

53 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Ffs hibs

Ricki Lamie to power in an equalising header at Parkhead to overtake Hibs on GD ..... cometh the hour, cometh the man.

I had it in my head Alexander was signed on a 2.5 year deal initially, part of the buy in for moving up permanently and his record at Salford to get him. But @capt_oats is right there's not mention in his appointment or subsequent contract extension. But in January 2022 if he did have 4 months to go, then a 3 year extension to the summer of 2025 does seem excessive, a 2 year extension with 1.5 to go seems to be easier to understand. But then when he arrived would he have had a view on 18 months allowed him to get back down South and be attractive to the English market for no compo required?

The talk at the time was while a bump in salary there were extra stuff in the deal for the clubs benefit. Don't know about that, maybe a narrative put out by Flao via his unwitting pals when things started to go tits up.

However, trying to come to terms with the concept if things hadn't gone so awry, we'd be approaching 2 seasons of prime Alexanderball with two more on the horizon until his agreed deal was up. Contemplating what that would do for my blood pressure and desire to gouge my own eyes.

When the third goal was eventually awarded we had lined up for the kick off so the re-celebration was done in our half, I noticed that two of our players stepped forward to be in Livi’s half, this prevented them kicking off before we were ready.  Just a little point of interest (to me anyway).