Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Oxborough is apparently signing an extension. Still going to be the second place keeper.

Kelly's Agent is apparently toting " £10,000 a week" offers coming from down south. Which tbf is something we just cannot compare with. And apparently the new no. 1 we are looking at is.....

..... Joe lewis......

Missing a penalty and a f**k-up between Bevis and Kelly a fitting end to the season.

Not that it matters greatly but three points from 12 v this St Johnstone is shocking.

Kettlewell has still earned his chance at next season but he'd better not take five months to get going again.

35 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Oxborough is apparently signing an extension. Still going to be the second place keeper.

Kelly's Agent is apparently toting " £10,000 a week" offers coming from down south. Which tbf is something we just cannot compare with. And apparently the new no. 1 we are looking at is.....

..... Joe lewis......

Where do I sign up to be a sub goalie? Some job that is.

What are we playing at? 😂

Also, the shoehorning of Harry Paton is tiresome. Nicholson at RWB? Come on man.

With the ball we're a good team, off the ball we're fucking diabolical and make the same mistakes all the time. 

Just now, MurrayWell said:

What are we playing at? 😂

Also, the shoehorning of Harry Paton is tiresome. Nicholson at RWB? Come on man.

With the ball we're a good team, off the ball we're fucking diabolical and make the same mistakes all the time. 

The Paton obsession is utterly inexplicable. There was hope it had been toned down with his injury but nope.

I don't hate him, he's a perfectly fine squad player, but the insistence he must play, be it as 6, 8 or 10, when he is blatantly unsuited to two of those roles, is insane.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

The Paton obsession is utterly inexplicable. There was hope it had been toned down with his injury but nope.

I don't hate him, he's a perfectly fine squad player, but the insistence he must play, be it as 6, 8 or 10, when he is blatantly unsuited to two of those roles, is insane.

Absolutely agree. He's fine for the squad, not a starter. 

Just now, MurrayWell said:

Absolutely agree. He's fine for the squad, not a starter. 

I don't even mind him starting a handful of games as a number 8. That's his position and he's ok at it.

Wild reorganisations to include him in places in that aren't his natural position, when there are clear alternatives, has to stop.

Posted (edited)

That game summed up our season very well. Inept defending, refusal to change tactics, throwing every striker up front, scoring late, and inability to get up for a game as much as our opposition.

Edited by rowsdower

As I said before, Kettlewell has earned the summer to rebuild. We really need to be more adaptable though, get he wants to play a certain way but we have no way of changing it and he just fires every attacker on. 

Today's game kinda sums this team up, can carve out chances, can be entertaining to watch. Horrific decision making and canny defend. All just a bit meh. 

18 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Season over, not a classic

I was always happy to survive and start next season with a balanced budget. So job done.

SK has definitely earned the chance to start from scratch but if he's still making the exact same mistakes, he's going to be on a very short probation.

Looking forward to the gtf list and a proper pre-season.

On 11/05/2024 at 17:48, KirkySuperSub said:

Taking my 6 year old to his first ever game next Sunday when we play St. Johnstone...that's 9 goals scored in last two games...we're gonnae get pumped, innit? 🤷‍♂️😆

Yip 🤷‍♂️...and £63 lighter after a trip to the club shop...

Still, the donner meat pies are more than decent! 

Really don’t get why some of you are losing it over Paton. He’s on the cusp of a Canda call up for a summer tournament. One which we’d get a modest kickback from and there’s a chance he may get injured which would be a double bonus for some of you.

I guess SOD has re-signed as he didn’t get on for a farewell.

I hate our defence, but even more this losing a goal in the first 25 mins thing that is is a thing.

Posted (edited)

If the Ox is staying then why didn’t we start him today? Makes zero sense for both parties.

The subs really annoyed me again today. 

Edited by Gianfranco

4 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Really don’t get why some of you are losing it over Paton. He’s on the cusp of a Canda call up for a summer tournament. One which we’d get a modest kickback from and there’s a chance he may get injured which would be a double bonus for some of you.

Tbf if that's all it is, no bother...I just desperately want to avoid a return to the phase of the season where he'd start in one role, move to another with first subs and end the game in a third.