Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Considering League 1 in England is predominately launch the ball as far as you can and play off the knockdowns, Alexander will probably do quite well there.  

As much as it would be great to get Morris off the wage bill, I can't see Blackpool coming in for him.  He was in League 2 before he came up here, aye?  Add in another season of doing literally f**k all up here, I can't really see a side who'll be expecting to be at the top end of L1 going for him.  

59 minutes ago, Desp said:

Considering League 1 in England is predominately launch the ball as far as you can and play off the knockdowns, Alexander will probably do quite well there.  

As much as it would be great to get Morris off the wage bill, I can't see Blackpool coming in for him.  He was in League 2 before he came up here, aye?  Add in another season of doing literally f**k all up here, I can't really see a side who'll be expecting to be at the top end of L1 going for him.  

I could see him maybe going there as a bench-filler due to Alexander having him at a couple of clubs before and obviously trusting him, if he has a big say in their recruitment. Even League One wages down there can dwarf what we pay, so if what we're paying him seems modest in comparison to their average I could possibly see it happen. (Please make it happen and get him to fk).

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I could see him maybe going there as a bench-filler due to Alexander having him at a couple of clubs before and obviously trusting him, if he has a big say in their recruitment. Even League One wages down there can dwarf what we pay, so if what we're paying him seems modest in comparison to their average I could possibly see it happen. (Please make it happen and get him to fk).

We can only pray 🙏
Alexander may come in for a few of our players inc the likes of Goss etc.

Van Veen - Blackpool don’t have a spare £2m lying around so I doubt it. In truth we would probably accept £1m but why any less when his goals have literally saved us from relegation (most probably…). He continues in this form next year he could be the difference between top 6 and a crack at Europe or another relegation battle. 

When is the socials going to release the video of Kelly's masterful shithousing? I'm all for it just being an unedited video of him breaking his leg, doing the ground slappy thing,  then our physio working miracles to get him up on one leg, and then he just goes ahead and takes a goal kick anyway and forgets the whole thing happened. 

8 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

When is the socials going to release the video of Kelly's masterful shithousing? I'm all for it just being an unedited video of him breaking his leg, doing the ground slappy thing,  then our physio working miracles to get him up on one leg, and then he just goes ahead and takes a goal kick anyway and forgets the whole thing happened. 

I'm honestly of the opinion that oor Liam was on the level.

Never doubt the rapid healing powers of treatments like a rub with the magic sponge or a wee dod of Ralgex. Absolute miracle cures that I'm sure our physios employed to allow him to continue after that borderline career ending incident.

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Why now? this not like 3 weeks later?

Tbh, it's just helpful from his POV and briefing Burns with the (old) story means the club keep KVV onside as I'd guess that the quid pro quo of us kb'ing the offer is that we'll do everything we can to get him his move in the summer.

The Chinese transfer window is closed so it's not a live issue so there's no real harm in the info being out there now.

It validates what he was saying in the press conference the other day. It presumably also clarifies the "other stuff" that he'd vaguely mentioned was going on in the background he mentioned in a previous presser.

The whole article sets out his/the club's position in that it makes it clear he's open to a move and making as much money as possible but also that the club have a figure in mind that needs matched.

Fair fucks tbh.

30 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Why now? this not like 3 weeks later?

Think with this current scoring streak his agents sales drive has cranked up a notch. I've no issue with that. If it keeps the big man at the top of his game and he notches another couple of goals to guarantee our safety it'll be job done, he'll get his move, we'll get (hopefully) a decent wedge and everyone is happy.

Zero chance he's here next season.

Aye, he’s away in the summer. Shame really, I love the mad b*****d.
What’s the going rate for a soon to be 32 year old, 25-goal striker with 12 months on his contract? £1m?

8 minutes ago, dezz said:

Aye, he’s away in the summer. Shame really, I love the mad b*****d.
What’s the going rate for a soon to be 32 year old, 25-goal striker with 12 months on his contract? £10m?

I'll be pissing myself laughing if we manage to get £1m, or close to it, for a 32 year old we signed from Scunthorpe for f**k all.

Would be delighted for Kev to get a big move.  As he's said, it'll probably be the last chance he's got.  He'll have certainly earned it after grafting through two seasons with some of the jobbers he's had to line up with.

Can just see the big man walking down Shanghai Main Street with a wee portion of chicken baws, fried rice & curry sauce.

I always think it's mad the way papers print "SIX FIGURE OFFER" like we're all supposed to go "OOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!" and just ignore the fact that what might be a hundred grand for a potential 30 goal striker is absolute shite.