Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 hours ago, Mitch said:

Heard this rumour. I’m not convinced it’s a good signing. Assuming he will be on a decent wage and not sure he will contribute enough to justify it.

Im just the messenger.  The wage will be halved should he sign.

Can’t say I am overly enthused about the rumours of Fletcher tbh. 

Not what I would be looking to replace KVV with. Would he work well with Obika or Shields…. Hmm. Unsure. 

Even halfing his alleged £6k salary would take him to the top of our pay scale. 36, no resale value, man bun, diving f**k. Nah doesn’t do it for me. 

Could he do a Billy McKay and relegate two teams in row… 

10 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Can’t say I am overly enthused about the rumours of Fletcher tbh. 

Not what I would be looking to replace KVV with. Would he work well with Obika or Shields…. Hmm. Unsure. 

Even halfing his alleged £6k salary would take him to the top of our pay scale. 36, no resale value, man bun, diving f**k. Nah doesn’t do it for me. 

Could he do a Billy McKay and relegate two teams in row… 

Don't see it either. if he leaves Utd he is taking an 80% wage cut.

6 goals (not counting pens) in the league isn't someone we should be splashing out for.

12 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Don't see it either. if he leaves Utd he is taking an 80% wage cut.

6 goals (not counting pens) in the league isn't someone we should be splashing out for.

💯 agree. Decent player in his day but imo that’s past. 

Unless Fletcher is absolutely desperate to play in the top division he'd be crazy to take a pay cut as big as mentioned above. Maybe a combo of a payoff from utd and a lower wage from us?

I like him, but not sure if I'd push the boat out at this stage.

10 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Unless Fletcher is absolutely desperate to play in the top division he'd be crazy to take a pay cut as big as mentioned above. Maybe a combo of a payoff from utd and a lower wage from us?

I like him, but not sure if I'd push the boat out at this stage.

Rumours (as above) he is on £6000 per week. I suspect the most we would pay is £3000. If I recall Kelly is our top earner at £4000 per week but that is quite a bit above the rest of the squad and an average wage of £1500-2000 per week. 

So ironically we would be pushing the boat out a bit and yet he would be looking at 50% cut in wages. If that remains the case he will stay at United why would you not. Unless United offer an incentive of either a pay off or to subsidise our wage by even £1000 a week then it is not going to happen. 

That said I cannot imagine he will be short of a Bob or two given the wages and fees that have been paid for him earlier in his career. 

As it stands he is holding all or most of the cards, certainly in relation to United wanting him off the wage bill. 

I still think he would be a decent signing man bun or not. 

Maybe I've been looking at it wrong and the man bun should be of no consequence in any deal, its his beard that is key. Obviously sporting a finely manicured one himself, perhaps Kettlewell has hit on the fact that having a squad with a 80/20 beard to clean shaven ratio has been the key to our recent upturn in fortunes. We are a very hip and beardy side. 

If the numbers work, we're not breaking the bank on a guy with no resale value and it keeps the good facial hair juju going, I'll grudgingly accept Fletcher signing.

The biggest worry with Fletcher should be United running him into the ground last season and playing him through injuries.