Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just to take a second and drink in how many players have moved out since the summer:

• Jake Carroll
  • Logan Dunachie (signed for Clyde)
  • Daniel Hunter (signed for Broomhill)
  • Kian Spiers
  • Jack Aitchison (signed for Exeter City)
  • David Devine (signed for Alloa Athletic)
  • Corey O'Donnell (signed for Broomhill)
  • Max Johnston (signed for Sturm Graz - undisclosed)
  • Sean Goss
  • Mikael Mandron (signed for St Mirren)
  • Stuart McKinstry
  • James Furlong
  • Oli Crankshaw
  • Josh Morris
  • Kevin Van Veen (signed for FC Groningen - undisclosed)
  • Dean Cornelius (signed for Harrogate Town)
  • Riku Danzaki (signed for Western United)
  • Connor Shields (signed for Chennayin FC)
  • Ali Gould (signed for Watford u21s)
  • Robbie Mahon (loan - to Edinburgh City)
  • Sam Campbell (loan - to Annan Athletic)
  • Ross Tierney (loan - to Walsall)
  • Adam MacDonald (loan - to Cowdenbeath)
  • Barry Maguire (loan - to Kidderminster Harriers)

Actual fucking LOL.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Jack Aitchison

Forgot we let him leave. I'd have kept him on tbh. problem being I dunno what position he actually played. I think he was a Blair Spittal and that was probably the issue

24 players out and 5 or 6 in. Ketts was not kidding when he said we had to trim the wage bill 😳. As mentioned Ketts (and others no doubt) has done a good job.

Next summer will be just as much fun. I think there are only half a dozen or so players under contract. 

Edited by welldaft

3 hours ago, ropy said:

Kidderminster it is for Maguire, now who are we bringing in? 

I think beep test Barry is the sort of player who has the physicality and enough about him to do well enough down there, and there's decent  money to be made even at National League level. He'd be fine in the Championship up here, but just lacking in the top league. Seems a good pro and decent lad so good luck to him.

His replacement still not here yet? Come on tae fcuk 'Well, that's been a couple of hrs now ffs.

Maguire was an honest grafter who fitted well in an Alexander team but not so much for Hammell or SK.

He will probably earn more where he is going and be more suited to the level. Good luck to him.

As for Efford. Looked good in Hammells 4-3-3 but hard to see how he fits into an SK 3-5-2.

Good option off the bench right now, but wouldnt be surprised to see him move on.

26 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Maguire was an honest grafter who fitted well in an Alexander team but not so much for Hammell or SK.

He will probably earn more where he is going and be more suited to the level. Good luck to him.

As for Efford. Looked good in Hammells 4-3-3 but hard to see how he fits into an SK 3-5-2.

Good option off the bench right now, but wouldnt be surprised to see him move on.

It's a loan until January. His wages won't change - he's still contracted to Motherwell.

Edited by capt_oats