Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The amount of fans acting like we've just released Messi is mental. Did they not see Joe in the first half against Killie and the majority of other times he played (when fit)?

I just wonder does this mean we either have a better free agent option lined up or is one of our injured strikers going to be available again ahead of schedule?

Edited by AdamMFC

20 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Really enjoying the conspiracies around Joe on the Facebook comments.

Mental innit? Another player that got better the less he played.  

He can be placed in the same category of "You'll no need to wash that shirt", where he will find like minded amigos such as Elliot Frear, big bad Blyth and Sillyname Sheridan.

Those demanding an explanation as a fan owned club need to chill out, eat some peanuts  and listen to some Rodriguez.

39 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Really enjoying the conspiracies around Joe on the Facebook comments.

As well as the comments about Efford himself, I also enjoyed the comments of people demanding a bigger statement because they are part owners of the club. To add to that, there was even someone saying we shouldn't have let Danzaki go either. Strange place 😂

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Weird time to release him with the transfer window shut? Not even sure he could return to America as their window is shut too.

Does the USL Championship (their 2nd tier that we signed Casey from) operate under transfer window rules?

I noticed some mention on the Central Coast Mariners forum that their window apparently closes this week - we've already done business with the bold Riku heading back to the A-League this summer.

The vibes with this are similar to Danzaki's exit in so much as we've clearly been trying to offload him all summer. Us mutualling him to allow him to take up an offer elsewhere kind of fits with the way we've carried ourselves with this sort of stuff.

I mean, Joey played in Romania, Spain, Greece and Belgium before pitching up here so it wouldn't be a massive surprise if he ended up in some oddball league.

21 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

My thoughts are someone has to be fit again.

I'm not so sure about that tbh. The chat has been that we've been trying to get shot of him all summer. I'd have thought the odds are probably more that we've finally found a taker rather than one of our broken players has had some sort of miracle recovery.

Also, there's probably an argument that the tweak to the shape has meant we're less reliant on playing 2 strikers and the two #10s is a fit for what we have at the moment.

Edited by capt_oats

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'm not so sure about that tbh. The chat has been that we've been trying to get shot of him all summer. I'd have thought the odds are probably more that we've finally found a taker rather than one of our broken players has had some sort of miracle recovery.

Also, there's probably an argument that the tweak to the shape has meant we're less reliant on playing 2 strikers and the two #10s is a fit for what we have at the moment.

O no I get that, I think I am just hopeful.

29 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

As well as the comments about Efford himself, I also enjoyed the comments of people demanding a bigger statement because they are part owners of the club. To add to that, there was even someone saying we shouldn't have let Danzaki go either. Strange place 😂

No fucking wonder Burrows left. For their 10 quid a month c***s were practically trying to bell him on his landline for a explanation on everything.

I honestly started typing a post earlier tonight (couldn’t be arsed finishing it) asking for folks thoughts on how on earth Joe Efford survived Kettlewell’s brutal exit regime.

There’s my answer. Kettlewell’s 100% record remains intact. 

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Does the USL Championship (their 2nd tier that we signed Casey from) operate under transfer window rules?

Honestly cant tell. It looks like its the same as the MLS window so is shut, but literally nowhere actually tells you either way.